It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Steward now in Klitschko camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Emanuel Steward might be the perfect trainer for the Klitschko brothers, Vitali and Wladimir. Steward's the one who worked Lennox Lewis' corner when Vitali Klitschko battered Lewis for six rounds last June 21 at Staples Center. Lewis, behind on all cards, escaped with a sixth-round TKO when Vitali could not answer the bell for the seventh round because of severe cuts. But he was pummeling Lewis, much to everyone's surprise.

The Klitschkos have been involved in other astonishing fights.

Vitali, in a defense of his World Boxing Organization heavyweight belt on April Fools Day 2000, quit after the ninth round against Chris Byrd because of an injured shoulder, losing his title. Vitali was ahead by five, five and seven points at the time.

Wladimir was knocked out by Corrie Sanders in the second round March 8, losing that same WBO championship belt.

Together, Steward and the Klitschko brothers have seen a lot. It will be interesting to see what materializes now that they have pooled their talents, along with those of Fritz Sdunek.

Click here for the rest: Steward now in Klitschko camps

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That is a great move for the brother's,stewart will work wonders with them.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
That is a great move for the brother's,stewart will work wonders with them.

Yeah Steward is the best of the best in my opinion, and he could only help them improve.

TRD

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That is pretty big news and it's a step in the right direction.I can see them improving no end and being dominant.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
That is pretty big news and it's a step in the right direction.I can see them improving no end and being dominant.

Yeah. They have the size, the strenght and the talent. Lets see how far they go.

new topics

top topics

join