It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: David Beckham denies rumours

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
David Beckham has quashed rumours he is unhappy in Spain and set to return to the Barclaycard Premiership.The England captain severed ties with Manchester United to join Real Madrid in a 25m move last summer.But he has been linked with London clubs Chelsea and Arsenal recently, the popular conception being that he and his family cannot settle in Madrid.

Newspaper reports claimed that the Real Madrid star is unhappy in Spain but the England captain denied the allegations.Much of the speculation surrounding Beckham's future followed revelations that he would not be renewing the lease on the house he is renting on the outskirts of Madrid.

Beckham explained: "The lease on my house was due to expire at the end of April."We have extended it for one further month to take us until the end of the season when we will be moving into a new house in Madrid."I am looking to buy a house."He said: "I will be a Real Madrid player next season. Why do people have to lie? There is no question of me putting in a transfer request. "I can categorically deny having had any meetings with Roman Abramovich, any Chelsea official or any other club."

[Edited on 16/3/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
what do you think TRD?

TRD

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It is hard to say,when story's like this appear,some may be truth some may not.Beckham has done things that arouses suspicion on him leaving but it may be nothing.

Me personally i think he is unhappy there and so is his wife so i wouldn't be surprised if he came back to England and most proberbly Chelsea will sign him.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not too sure if he will stay at Real Madrid,he is the brits favourite and a move back over to England would make him immortal!!!!!!!

He may stay he may go,only Beckham himself knows this and i guess we will all find out soon enough.

top topics

join