It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: T-Mac gone after reaching a milestone

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
On a night when T-Mace reached 10,000 career points, McGrady was booted after a foul was not called, which turned ugly, as T-Mac took his Frustrations out on the ball.

McGrady finished with 15 -- his fewest since going scoreless on Dec. 19 when he hurt his back in the first quarter.

I could care less about 10,000 points," said McGrady, the second-youngest player to reach that milestone. "I was frustrated, so I had to get us going some way, whether it was getting a tech, getting ejected, kicking balls out of the arena. It didn't matter."
McGrady stripped Anthony of the ball and drove the length of the court for a layup that would've brought the Magic within 58-57 entering the break. But the shot was swatted away by Chris Andersen, and the NBA's scoring leader ended up in a pile under the basket with a look of disbelief on his face.

McGrady got up, took the ball and punted it deep into the arena's lower bowl.

When a fan tossed the ball back on the court, it bounced right to McGrady. Teammate Juwan Howard rushed to stop him, but McGrady booted the ball again.

"Frustrated, man," McGrady said. "It was a lot of frustration built up, the whole season, built up in me. I just let it out."

Two technical fouls were assessed, and the ejection ended McGrady's streaks of 40-point games (two) and 20-point games (21).

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Its been a dissponiting season for the magic, T-Mac has been frustrated because he is been playing amazing and his team-mates at times haven't helped him out.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They looked so good on paper before this season too, with Howard and Gooden helping McGrady, even if Hill wouldn't play (again
)

join