It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Rangers win in a Brawl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Mike Dunham inched out of his crease during the first big brawl and got as far as center ice for the second one. That was close enough for the New York Rangers goalie. Dunham stayed in his own end and enjoyed the rough stuff that came at the close of the Rangers' 6-2 victory Thursday night over the New York Islanders.

When Islanders goalie Garth Snow, the best man at Dunham's wedding, got involved in the fisticuffs, Dunham made sure that the Islanders didn't have the upper hand. He again monitored the situation after Snow was ejected and Rick DiPietro joined the next fray.

"I just wanted to make sure that one of our guys wasn't getting doubled," said Dunham, whose last NHL fight was with Snow. "The refs did a good job, plus I was too tired anyway to go down there."

The Rangers are perfect against the Islanders this season, but trail their biggest rival by 11 points in the race for the playoffs. The 11th-place Rangers (22-27-7-4) are 7-0-2 in their last nine versus the eighth-place Islanders, games all started by Dunham.
Barnaby increased the lead to three with 2:29 left in the second and he twirled his stick in celebration in front of Arron Asham at the end of an agitating shift. Barnaby dished and received plenty of stick and glove jabs throughout the game.

He even took two punches to the face from Eric Cairns with 10:38 left that simultaneously got Cairns sent to the penalty box and briefly sent DiPietro to the bench after allowing six goals on 31 shots.

"It's always fun when you're slugging as long as you aren't getting beat too bad," Barnaby said.

Cairns and Purinton fought with 3:54 left as the major scrum involving Snow, broke out. Barnaby and Asham fought with 1:28 remaining, sparking another brawl.

If the Rangers keep this stlye of play up they should be in the playoffs. Solid Defense and And the intensity needed to win games.

[Edited on 2/20/2004 by Ben]

Ben

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There were a lot of fights in this game, good to see that kindof style of fighting going on. that is old fashion hockey time. Would be interesting to see if the rangers can keep this up. I enjoyed watching this game. The goal scores came thorugh in a big way for the Rangers.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
that is preety cool, you would't happen to have some video or a link would you???

Ben

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i will try to find one for ya.

new topics

top topics

join