It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Nash plans to play in All-Star game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This just goes to show that not only are teenagers resilient, but so are hockey players. After suffering a bruised foot in a game against Minnesota, Nash sat out his teams next 2 games. But his foot feels good and he is planning on playing in the NHL All-Star game this weekend. One of the few bright spots on a strugling Columbus team, he is the only representative for the Jackets in St. Paul.

News Source Associated Press
Nash, 19, has been receiving treatment since getting injured Saturday. He did not make the Blue Jackets' two-game road trip this week.

After consulting with team doctors, trainers and Blue Jackets general manager Doug MacLean, Nash said he should be able to play in Sunday's All-Star game in St. Paul, Minn.

I am glad that he is healthy enough to play. He is a good player on a not so good team. I know I hope he does well, and is not adversely affected. I have him on several of my fantasy hockey teams.

Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
he's 19 and in the allstar game? that is amazing stat. He must be having a great season.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yeah he is, he is leading the league in goals with 31. And this on a team that is near the bottom of the standings. If the Jackets play their cards right, and keep him healthy, he is going to be a HUGE force in the next 5-10 years.

Big power forward. I am thinking Forsberg like.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
He is going to continuely going to keep playing very well for his team.. He is a teenager right now, and if they give him some supporting role players around he is going to lead this league in scoring. CONGRATS TO NASH FOR MAKING THE ALL-STAR

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nash is going to be a good player in the NHL for a long time, but right now his game is so one dimensional. He leads the league in goals but he has very few assists and doesn't play much defense right now. Those things will come around in time but he sure knows how to put the biscuit in the basket.

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
He is helping his team out a lot by scoring those goals, and next year i bet you will see those stats turn around from dominate in goals to about even in goals and assits. It take time like you said PA

top topics

join