It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OLYMPICS: Olympic Games terror alert

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hundreds of police and soldiers will guard Olympic venue sites months ahead of the Aug. 13-29 Games, according to a report published Sunday.A confidential security document said the monitoring will concentrate on 35 Olympic facilities described as "high risk" for a potential terrorist attack. Police officials could not be immediately reached to comment on the report, but authorities have often noted that counterterrorism efforts have already begun.

This is not surprising due to the amount of terror activity there has been recently and planning seems to have taken on added urgency following November suicide bombings in neighbouring Turkey that killed more than 60 people.The games aswell as the Superbowl final in Houston would be ideal targets for a terror attack.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It looks like the extra help would be warrented -

link

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the terrorists might not even have to plan anything, from what i've read alot of the venues that the games were to be held at aren't even close to being finished, i would be more concerned with that aspect right now than terrorists but i guess it won't hurt just in case they have somewhere to hold the games.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There should be a military prescense all over those games just as a precaution. I doubt anything will happen though.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Looks like the Greeks did it themselves...
story link

new topics

top topics

join