It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the strangest thing thats happened to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The first thing that happened to me was when I was about 3 yrs old.... I know I should not remember it but I do like it was yesterday.

My father was very sick & was dying. My mother was at the hospital with him & I was left with an aunt (or so i am told .. I dont remember that part)

But I remember dreaming that I could see my sister & mother in the waiting room ofthe hosp. But they were green ... it was weird. then I was at my house.... I know I was prolly dreaming, But I swear I was actually at my house the way it felt. I was sitting in the living room wathing tv just my father & me. He got up & started walking to the door. I stopped him & asked where he was going & if I gcould go. He said it was time for him to leave & I could not go with him, he said I would go there eventually but not right now. then he walked out the door. I looked out & he was gone but his truck was still there.............it turns out that as closely as we can tell, (my sister & i who is 16 yrs older than I,) that was the night he died.

i REMEMBER THAT VIVIDLY BUT i DONT REMEMBER LIVING WITH MY AUNT FOR 3 MONTHS AFTER THAT. WEIRD....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've had a few...but I'll share a quickie-1986

I still lived at home, and was sleeping in on a Saturday morning...I was upstairs in my bedroom, and my parents were out of town, I was expecting my Girlfriend to stop by and pick me up for a day at the river, so I was not suprised to hear the door open and close downstairs. The staircase was bit creaky so I expected to hear her coming up the stairs...nothing...I didn't think much of it at the time so I pretended to still be alseep so I could scare her.
I felt her sit on the edge of my bed. The pressure from her sitting down on the mattress caused me to roll slighty towards her. I continued to pretend I was sleeping, expecting her to try and wake me up....nothing...I got tired of waiting so I pulled the blanket down quickly and jumped up trying to scare her.
There was no one there!!!
There was a depression where she should have been!!! I flipped out and jumped from my bed...the depression was gone before I could gather my wits about me....

I know I wasn't dreaming...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
then there was the time that I was abt 9 & I was playing with :

2 ends of a spark plug cable & a radio antenna

I was playing like it was a gun then a radio... I was playing with it like a radio & the thing vibrated in my hand & let out a squeal that I thought was going to wake up my mom.

only did it once & never again after that

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Alot of things from the land of strange coincidences like being born on the day after/during the first moon walk on July, 21 1969 to a Mother that still had a hymen the doctor had to remove and starting my first day of College in Philosophy & Religion on the '87 Harmonic Convergence of the Universe...

But aside from people telling me all my life, I'm either the Messiah or the Anti-Christ (especially exes saying the latter)...the weirdest thing was my stange early obsession with the John Cusak movie..BETTER OFF DEAD. I thought the line from cartoon character Barney Rubble to recently dumped Cusak was the all time funniest and most humilating slap in history:

I know this is kind of awkward, me being a cartoon and all, but I hear you and Beth split up and was wondering...

Years later when my wife and I split up she immediately married the guy that plays the voice of Brak on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Always hated that Brak guy. Not funny. Not even a little.

youll pardon my lack of sympathy, but brak is hilarious.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by RANT

Always hated that Brak guy. Not funny. Not even a little.

youll pardon my lack of sympathy, but brak is hilarious.

It's kind of ironically funny if you've met Andy/Brak. He's an obtuse little tool (THAT OWES ME RENT!!!). IMO

But Clay/Zorak is HILARIOUS! (But then I haven't watched in years.)

Space Ghost is a short, bald man that really talks like Space Ghost. It's creepy.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was on the road with a friend of mine at about 1 AM, driving along the coast of lake michigan on Michigan's side, heading home in Chicago. We turned on a road and started coming towards a little town, 1 gas station, and a stop sign, and as we were entering the town, there was a guy walking on the side of the road.

My friend was driving, and when I looked over, I guess I just turned ghost white.It was at this point I said, completely seriously, "Curtis, if you see him walking in the same direction further down, hit him." Curtis was a bit shocked, but the dude just completely terrified me.

After we got a ways away, we were talking about it, and his description of the guy was quite a bit different than what I saw. He said he saw a thinner, drunk dude stumbling his way back home. What I saw was first the black caverns of his eyes. That's the thing that sticks with me to this day, 7 years later. He was also walking erect, prideful, and staring right at me. He was a bit husky, and just...he looked black. That's the only way to describe it. Not racial black, just dark, sinister, evil. I've never seen anything like that again, and I hope I never do. I'm also glad I wasn't driving the car, because I probably would have run him over.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A HS friend and I both saw a similar man walking down the road, late at night, middle of nowhere while driving.

Instant feeling of evil and hate. Like Barney Fife on a drunk.

We turned around and searched up and down the road to no avail. Gone.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The wierdest thing was my friend felt nothing. And I was too terrified to be willing to turn around, just to run him down. Never wanted to kill a person before, but that guy....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hm..I have a few strange happenings myself..and if you listen I shall tell

Well, the first one, has to go along with Rant and Zzub's posts...as I have heard that voice 3 times in the past 2 years I suppose. I suppose it could be the advice of God, maybe my conscience, but it was there, and I know it was. Advice I have had 2 times, on how to handle a situation, guess what, after I had asked for 'divine' help..and the other time I could not understand. . .unfortunately.

My second story is also of a prayer area, I had been laying in bed, and I decided to pray. . .Like I always do before going to sleep (ya know, help with daily things, life, love, etc etc...) and after I prayed, I looked at the clock..and strangely enough (by coincidence or not) it was 11:11. The next day I was thinking about this weird thing..and I looked down, low and behold its 3:33..strange eh? (That same day I also saw 4:44, but I thought nothing of it)

Those are my stories, how strange or fake they may sound, happened. (I usually say this with these kind of things because of ridicule I have expierenced before)

EDIT: I made a post about 11:11 and coincides with numbers such as: 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 12:12 etc. It might be listed under Mac223, my first handle, (now deleted) or WeBDeviL, I can't remember) But search for it if your interested in 11:11, it is a pretty cool subject

-wD

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Springer

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Originally posted by WeBDeviL

EDIT: I made a post about 11:11 and coincides with numbers such as: 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 12:12 etc. It might be listed under Mac223, my first handle, (now deleted) or WeBDeviL, I can't remember) But search for it if your interested in 11:11, it is a pretty cool subject

-wD

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

There's a guy on AOL with a blog that is writing a NOVEL about the conspiracy of 11. From Nazi's double slash to Jihadists 9-11 battle cry to Hillary's travel itenerary... I've suggested he post here, but he's "not a joiner"

I have studied sacred geometry and see 11 as the representation of the void of conciousness surrounding reality. The 4th layer if you will. 7 is the realm of Earth/Creation with the dual principlees of 0 and 3 begetting all from Nothing and Something.

Interestingly (or not) Elf is 11 in the Germanic tradition... the tinkering of machine elves anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
Just wondering what the Strangest, or the most scarey

or oddest thing that has happened to anyone hear on ATS

as they say everyone has a story!!

just interested it what has happened to people here!!

I don't know if I have told anyone yet, but it happened as I was waking up from sleep.

I felt something on my back, like something or someone nudged me. There was nobody around and I found that strange. Also, that day I will never forget, because this is the same day that my life has changed forever.

I always think that 'nudge' was because my life was going to change. That is the meaning I get from it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
While laying in my bed one morning I heard folks talking and looked around and no one was there. I figure I was sleeping with my eyes open and having a dream. Or a dream in a dream.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Also sometimes when I am asleep I hear someone call my name and I wake up.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
as a child i grew up in this house where an older woman named elsie and her son mj were murdered. my baby sister was like 4-5 at the time and she claimed to have an imaginary friend named mj..but she never knew anyone died in that house or their names..well in the summertime my sister and i used to sleep on our parents floor cos we could only afford 1 air conditioner and thats where it was..well one night we woke up at the exact same time and my sister was crying..she said jack im lost i looked around and was lost too..the room was totally different..no pictures..doors or windows...gives me goosebumbs till this day..oh and just to agree with rant they must like to cook..cos there were always bay leaves on the floor which r used in pasta and my mom would clean them up but they'd come right back...freaky ass house i was so happy when we moved

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I went grocery shopping and as I was about to exit the parking lot I had this dreadful feeling that if I went out a certain exit something bad would happen. I ignored it, thinking I was just a paranoid freak and went to that exit anyway to prove I was crazy. I sat and waited until I thought it was clear, but I pulled out and was hit in the driver side door of my little Honda CRX by a big friggin Durango, which was obscured from my view by a turning van. I seriously could have died. I'll never doubt a feeling like that again.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
To see the strangest thing to happen to me, click my WEBSITE button at the bottom of the post and then click the LIVE JOURNAL link on my page.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
None would believe some of the secrets I know. it is not that they are secrets that I keep. No one asks, that's all. I have an answer for everything. Try me sometime. Full-blown gnosis would be my x-marks the spot on this topic.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just outta curiosity, what's this that you know, Lucifer? I've read some completely messed up stuff that is TRUE and the sheer gore/evil/"messed up" level of that stuff would drive any "normal" person insane, lucky me I was never "normal". So go ahead and divulge some of this! You should check out my post in Predictions called "Crash course in objectivity". Sadly I have no weird personal stuff to report, and I'm VERY upset by this - my life has been completely ordinary and normal (I mean speaking from experience of paranormal level perspective, I was NEVER normal
) without any sightings of any unusual phenomena of ANY nature be it UFO's, ghosts, voices, shadows, weird people, NOTHING. And I'm obsessively searching for truth of this reality and all that exists.. you'd think I'd actually have an experience categorized as paranormal but NOOO the powers that be are asses like that.. NO experience for Mike! But as per my research and personal understanding, there's no such thing as ghosts in terms of human or dead spirits.. that phenomenon is entirely independent of any soul/spirit activity. May be mind-related (your mind can actually manifest reality without your conscious awareness, I mean the power of the mind is limitless and as of yet untapped in most of its potential as we know). As for the feeling of "dread" some of you guys experienced (together, simultaneously in company I might add) is really interesting.. I have no explanation. Oh and just to add more meat to the bones of this message, God (as separate from us) doesn't exist, Aliens are real and in total control on this planet, chemtrails are a distraction (like smoke screen (no pun intended) to cover up real conspiracy, something to get our minds off of the "true, juicy" stuff), and pancakes ARE indeed good for the tummy and mind. All are only opinions based in research, you guys make your own conclusions!

Knowledge protects. Ignorance endangers!

- Cassiopaeans ( www.cassiopaea.org... )

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by worshipthemoon
A couple of years ago I went grocery shopping and as I was about to exit the parking lot I had this dreadful feeling that if I went out a certain exit something bad would happen. I ignored it, thinking I was just a paranoid freak and went to that exit anyway to prove I was crazy. I sat and waited until I thought it was clear, but I pulled out and was hit in the driver side door of my little Honda CRX by a big friggin Durango, which was obscured from my view by a turning van. I seriously could have died. I'll never doubt a feeling like that again.

I think traumatic events are often foretold. My worst wreck (of the emotional loss kind) was in a perfect old 1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible that had lived more than I. I loved that car. It seemed to tell me what was about to happen.

Was driving up an inner city highway, when the radio (original AM) went whiggy...landed on an oldies song: It looks like RAIN DROPS fogging up my eyes:

I immediately knew. I'm going to wreck. Then an 11 car pile up from the other direction sent an SUV barreling into me. I really did know it was coming. The old car told me and cried.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join