It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the strangest thing thats happened to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just wondering what the Strangest, or the most scarey

or oddest thing that has happened to anyone hear on ATS

as they say everyone has a story!!

just interested it what has happened to people here!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here is one of my odd dreams that has stuck with me for a long time. The strange thing is that I was having a nice soothing dream and then all of a sudden it was interrupted by something totally different:

I was standing with a group of about a 100 different people (estimated after dream), but they werent regular people they seemed different, like I had known them for a very long time like they were friends or something, though I could not identify them for every time I approached them the picture got fuzzier so to speak. They were all staring up on top of a platform where a single person sat on some sort of throne with about six people standing 3 on either side of him. He says something that I cant understand and the people with me start to scream after he flicks his fingers, the people on the ground start to fade to dust like being blown away or something. I feel like I was utterly being ripped away from this world, not my body though, I'm not sure what it was, but it most certainly felt like dying. Just in front of me was a ladder leading up to the platform, I climbed up it, ran to the man at the throne and said " you cant do this". One of the men to the right of me said something to the effect: why is he still alive? Then the man on the throne said "Yes, he does seem to have some talent" then I woke up, or died. I cant tell.

This dream occured about a year ago and still spooks me when I remember it. The feeling I cant describe to you only that it felt like i was being ripped away from that world. And like I said before, I was having a nice dream, cant really remember it though, then straight to this, standing there with those people.

That and some missing time.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
once when i was younger me and my friend where walking the streets as young little punks will do. when all of a sudden i felt at that moment terrified. of what i do not know, and dont care to speculate. it was a feeling of pure terror or "evil" maybe at most impending doom. i looked over at my friend and he had the same look on his face, tho i dont know what my face looked like. anyways, we both started running to his house. when we got there his aunt who is a big religious person was standing inside the house when we arrived. she was talking to my friends mother, she stoped turned around and said god sent me here today to save you both. she said she could see the evil around us, trying to affect us. she prayed over us and believe it or not i felt better ( i think thats the closest iv been to church ever). it was odd and deff the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The strangest thing that happened to me was probably when I was flying to Berlin with my dad to visit some relatives. The plane had just taken off from Stockholm's airport and I was sitting at the window seat. About ten minutes after take off I decided to look outside. I saw a bright light flying below the plane some distance away. My dad saw it too. The light followed the plane for about 15 minutes and then vanished.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think for me it was when i was a kid,
one night my dad and brother and myself were sleeping in one room as the heating had gone off.

i was about 5yrs old and my brother 6yrs
We woke in the middle of the night to a great bright light
that lit up the whole room..there was no sound
my dad jumped up and grabbed us. he went to the window
while telling us to stay down, we still could not see anything, just blinding light,
even when the window was open there was no sound..
till this day we all talk about it, my dad still cannot work out what it was!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Did you fear the light?

Usually stories of visits by higher level positive spirits do not cause panics among people as reported.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think we panicked alittle but not for long
it lasted about 3 min then just went, we spent about 5 mins looking out the window,
wondering what it was....

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
simuler thing happend to me asala it was pure whight light wook me up around 1:20 when i was 11

and ihatethisplace I had this happen to me before, me a friend were playing around seeing if we could see with our eyes closed (we were playing bascitball) anyway with no luck after a few mines of this i felt like a pure dred covering me like someone was watching me and with out me saying anything my friend asked if (you feel that)

another wierd thing happend in jr high 2 years ago

me and 3 other guys were walking down to the lower gem when this like man hard to put it in words it felt like somthing like went thro us and the guy to my left asked (what the f*ck was that) i went (you felt that too) and the guy on my left said ya

we dint see anything it was like a very strong engeywave went thro us? or ghost ?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i would have to say the wierdest thing for me would be when i could swear i saw some kind of ghost figure in my house about a couple weeks or maybe a month ago (somewhere around there). it scared me to death but when i blinked, it was gone.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A friend and I were walking home from the bar one night...and we cut through a big field. I was walking ahead of my friend when I heard him cry out "OUCH...why didn't you tell me there was barbed wire fence here."....I turn around and walk back to where my friend is and lo and behold...there was a four foot barbed wire fence there. Somehow...some way I passed through it...unharmed...we were both completely astonished that I "phased" through the fence. We even walked up and down the length of the fence examining it to see if maybe there was a hole in it or something...but no..it was complete. So...I guess I am able to pass through walls...eh?...here let me try real quick...be right back...................."OUCH!"...nope...that hurt...hrmm. Anyhoo...that's my true story...take it easy.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Alot of things from the land of strange coincidences like being born on the day after/during the first moon walk on July, 21 1969 to a Mother that still had a hymen the doctor had to remove and starting my first day of College in Philosophy & Religion on the '87 Harmonic Convergence of the Universe...

But aside from people telling me all my life, I'm either the Messiah or the Anti-Christ (especially exes saying the latter)...the weirdest thing was my stange early obsession with the John Cusak movie..BETTER OFF DEAD. I thought the line from cartoon character Barney Rubble to recently dumped Cusak was the all time funniest and most humilating slap in history:

I know this is kind of awkward, me being a cartoon and all, but I hear you and Beth split up and was wondering...

Years later when my wife and I split up she immediately married the guy that plays the voice of Brak on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Always hated that Brak guy. Not funny. Not even a little.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It isn't "that" strange, but I personnaly have some anger problem, and somethime I just get out of my self, and it's like something else is controling me (litteraly). Well one time, particularly, I was at this house where someone precious to me was murdered, and I was in the room where the murderer commited suicide after while, and at this particular time ( I was drunk also ) I really lost control, anger got over my head, and I punched a lot of holes in the surrounding walls, to the point where my knuckle joint bleeded.

This time was really weird, because I was in some kind of intense rage moment.

I think anger can make you do some weird stuff. Because a few day later, I tried punching a hole in the same wall, and I hurted my self badly, without making almost any marks on the wall.

Sometimes, when I'm working out and practising some punchs or kicks on my punching ball, I try to re-create some mental state of anger by bringing back memories, and it's amazing the difference between when I hit only with my body and when I hit with my body & my mind (with rage). The punching ball really goes flying accross the room.

The difference is astonishing.

Anyway, it's not really "paranormal", just weird and maybe underestimated capability of our mind.

Besides that, the weirdest thing I remember is when I was driving back home, I was a couple of meters aways from passing over a train rail-road crossing. With those big white barreer and red lights. Then I said to my self "I wanted the light to start flashing before or when I pass over the train rail"(like if a train was coming). Since I saw nothing happenned, I reapeated the same thing twice in my mind.
Exactly after the third time (and almost while I was actually passing over it), the red lights started, and the barreer starting descending over the road, and I even saw the train light far away on the rail while I passed over. I was so freaked out, because I had been doing a lot of reading about the subconscious power of the mind, etc etc...
Anyway, I was kinda freaking out, and I had huge shiver and goose bump right after it... I was just a bit weird. Could very well be a coincidence tho...But I still think it was weird. I don't usualy do that whenever I pass a train rail-road crossing (wishing for this to happen). It was the only time I ever did that I think.

Anyway...That was my little story for tonight. Sorry, I had a boring life LOL!!! Nothing really out of the ordinary.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i do some ghosthunting and i've seen some odd things. i've had experiences with ouija boards too. but one that really sticks out , probably because it happened recently, is when me and my gf were asleep in my room with all the doors shut like usual when we both get startled awake around 2am and in the total dark see and hear my bedroom door open itself. i have no pets, there are no drafts (being an apt). and it has never did that before. but the odd part was we were both kind of like 'oh well, i can think about it tommorow' when that sort of thing would usually scare the hell out of me. sine then i'm convinced i have a ghost, more of a spirit really, that stays with me. shes doesn't frighten me too much any more since i tend to feel relaxed when something out of the ordinary happens

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Strigoi]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The strangest is when I was 12 or so camping with a school trip, my friend and I stayed up late. As it was bear country we were up late and worried. No bear came, but late at night a tall, shaggy humanoid walking on two legs and grunting came around our tent. What I saw raised my fear level to extreme.

This was an event that certainly changed my life.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Twice, I've heard a voice speak behind me when there's nobody there. It's only happened in my house in one spot. I have no idea if it's in my head.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Germany, 1999

I was walking thru the flea market with my wife, daughter(4) and mother-in-law. I suddenly noticed that there is a gypsylady following us. After we walked awhile, I'm starting to get nervous. Well, the lady approached us. She said good day, looked at my daughter, and handed her a 5-Mark piece. She said," When you grow up, you're gonna marry a doctor. I won't be around to see it, cause I'll be dead by then."

That was the weirdest thing that ever happened to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Twice, I've heard a voice speak behind me when there's nobody there. It's only happened in my house in one spot. I have no idea if it's in my head.

I've heard those, and can dismiss all but the ones that whispered with warm breathe right in my ear. A female voice saying my name with a southern drawl. Serious creep out factor. Then like the phone would ring, or someone would be at the door knocking. Stange little prophecies, yes? Only happend in my old loft. 100 year old warehouse.

Though my ex claims she saw stuff move. Not fly around the room, but slide to the edge of the fridge, then crawl down the side. Like a box of crackers, when she was making soup.

I'm convinced ghosts like to cook. A friend grew up in an old slave house where something kept seasoning the stew. Unbearably spicy.

I had two recurring apparitions myself in the old home of my grandparents (as a child). Repeatedly: A small boy burning his hand on the heating element, or sometimes slamming his hand in the sliding closet door. Also an old Aunt Jemeimah type that would wake me up for breakfast. I thought everyone knew they were there, and never said anything til later. I can't believe I never mentioned them once growing up. I just accepted them.

Haven't thought about that in years.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
RANT, you're freaking me out now. Mine was a soft female voice that was right behind my ear.

The odd thing is that it's just a few feet from the place in the house where the previous occupant fell to his death, but this is a womans voice. not a mans.

Not that I believe in ghosts of course...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Zzub, I'm freaked out now!

Ghosts watch us masterbate!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Zzub, I'm freaked out now!

Ghosts watch us masterbate!

I thought I was the only person who worried about this

new topics

top topics