It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Orbs Need Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Picture One
Picture Two
Picture Three

These where taken last fall, I have circled them in white. Any one know what they are?

AA

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
dear.... this is a baby orb .
Orbs are seen as energy fields.
That could be beings from different electromagnetic frequencies.
Skeptics say that thy are dust particles.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by frozen_snowman]

[edit on 1-1-2007 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Most likely dust on the lens. This has been brought up many times before.

Here is Umbrax's recreation of the orb "phenomenon"...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
WOW
these look completely different to dust

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Nope sorry, i dont really believe in orbs, to me they dont prove anything paranormal - im not a skeptic but orbs really are nothing special to me.
ive tried to catch orbs and study them before, using a camera in my bedroom i took a series of photos and them took another series of photos after shaking my bed, low and behold i got some very authentic orbs on photograph!. im not saying youve gone and faked this but its just dust.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don’t think these are dust, rather if you look at each of them they correspond with a light source. IMHO these are light refraction in the lens elements.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have no dought that they are real, when me and my wife stayed at the inn we both agreed that it felt like we were being watched.

As far as the dust on the lens, don’t think so, and lighting don’t think so. There was a presents that was caught on file.

I wonder what any of you experts think?

AA

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda and lighting don’t think so. There was a presents that was caught on file.

It absolutely has to do with the light...

In the first photo it’s the light from the chandelier above.
In the second photo the brighter upper one is from the globe, and the lighter secondary one is from its reflection in the picture.
In the third photo the orb is from the bulb sticking out from the bottom of the lamp.

Anytime you shoot toward a light source, or anything reflecting light, you are going to get orbs in the photo; the brighter the source or reflection, the brighter the orb. These orbs are also known, especially to gamers, as lens flare…

There is nothing ghostly about lens flare. Orbs are about the worst possible way to conduct any type of Ghost hunting. Orbs can be generated in a number of ways including Dust, light refraction, and low light pixel drop out on digital cameras.

Look...
Ghosts on the moon: Moon Orbs
Ghost over Edinburgh: Edinburgh Orbs
Ghost on a street:Street Orbs
Ghost bear:Bear Orbs

If your going to depend on Orbs and an indicator of a haunting, then you might as well depend on guessing, they both about as dependable.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So you are lurking over here now AA?

You obviously believe in Ghosts with this post. What do your alien friends think about ghosts? Maybe its a grey in energy form following you guys around?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
So you are lurking over here now AA?

You obviously believe in Ghosts with this post. What do your alien friends think about ghosts? Maybe its a grey in energy form following you guys around?

No... because he would just contact it and ask it to stop... remember he can contact grays. [/scarcasm]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
IMHO, orbs are just dust- shake out an old rug and take a picture of it with a camera flash and you will get millions of them- not a haunted rug, just lots of dust reflecting in the light from the shaken rug. They can also be produced by things like moisture.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I dunno, look at Picture 1 again. Looks like one giant orb has totally obliterated the head of the babe with the sparkly sweater biscuits.

I think more investigation might be in order. Please supply more torso shots of the girl.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've taken dozens of orb photos. And I believe probably most if not all of them are spirit, energy, or supernatural orbs (whatever they are) - sorry skeptics.

Of course, I AM open to the possibility that they are mixed, however, I've captured orbs, streaks of light and audio (EVPs) of ghosts, so I know it is very likely the pics I've captured are of entities.

I looked at AA's pics. These are unremarkable orbs if in fact they are energy or what have you. Not able to discount them just from the photo, but they're not the strongest or brightest I've seen...

I WILL say one thing, and that is in photo #2. The book that is resting open on that dresser or podium slightly right of center has a motion blur of light that actually looks like the pages are moving. I looked at the still objects around it and that motion blur doesn't seem carried over...Pretty interesting...that's all I've seen so far...

I stayed in a haunted Bed and Breakfast myself in the Virginia countryside. It was about 3 or 4 years ago. The B&B was originally a residence, but was later turned into a B&B. I showed up for the first of four or five nights there and was the first guest to arrive.

The couple who owned the place left for a couple hours for dinner as I got settled. It was then that I heard someone in the room above me walking around, opening drawers and generally moving stuff around.

The next morning when I went down for breakfast I told the owners that another guest showed up while they were out. They looked at each other with this mischevious look, then confided in me that no one else was there. They then told me about the deaths and ghost sightings that frequently occurred in the house...lol...

They said there was a man who slept in the room I was in who awoke one night with a woman standing at the foot of his bed. Also, there was a boy who died in what I was now using as the shower/bathroom, and guests had seen him walking the hallway at various times...

I thought it was really cool! I periodically snap shots at random, and at some point will play with a mini tape recorder I have, but I just haven't been inclined lately...

[edit on 5-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
I've taken dozens of orb photos. And I believe probably most if not all of them are spirit, energy, or supernatural orbs (whatever they are) - sorry skeptics.

Of course, I AM open to the possibility that they are mixed, however, I've captured orbs, streaks of light and audio (EVPs) of ghosts, so I know it is very likely the pics I've captured are of entities.

Trust me- please go out and shake out a rug or something and then take pictures of it, you will find all of a sudden there are thousands of orbs surrounding it. If you don't believe me, try it out for yourself. If you try this simple task, i am sure your opinions will change about orbs.

A house can be haunted, and you can take pictures and there will be orbs, but IMHO the orbs have nothing to do with the haunting, they are simply dust/moisture reflecting the light of the camera flash and have nothing to do with the actual haunting.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I know exactly what you're saying, and I've seen dust and moisture particles in still photos...

I know that with regard to certain orb photos I could be mistaken. However, I take these things into consideration.

For example, I've seen orbs with glowing motion trails in a photo that froze an individual's action as they were moving. I've also seen a handful of orbs around a person - almost surrounding them, while someone else in the same photo has none...

There are a lot of things to take into consideration. Believe me, I know about the dust particles...But I definitely think there is another phenomena involved there as well...

I have a healthy skepticism, but I also weigh on the side of the paranormal from time to time just based on personal experiences...

Because these orbs often do not appear any different than dust orbs it's easy to explain them away as dust orbs.

And I admit that there may be no such thing as spirit/energy orbs, only because there is no definitive proof. But stranger things have happened...

join