It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i in no way intend to cause any offence with this thread.

here in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, i have noticed more racism than at any time.
people look at non-whites and hate without knowing. they dont trust non-whites.

i know its wrong. not all muslims for example want to call a jehad on all off us after all.

i was just wondering if anyone else in the world has noticed these same, obvious changes in thier areas ?

the reason i have posting this here, is i feel these feeling are a direct result on this "war on terrorism"

again, im not racist, and dont want to offend anyone.

im asking if ANYONE has noticed these things anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i see that in the united states as well
here is st. louis people can't look at the local mosques without distrusting them
and i went to one for a visit, they're very nice people

honestly, racism against blacks in the usa is simply holding steady, but against those of middle eastern descent, it's going up steadily

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I haven't really noticed it here in Texas. Although, I suppose that it's a foregone conclusion about how Americans feel towards Islam currently. Is it unfortunate? Certainly. Unexpected? Not to me. Human nature dictates that humans follow a pack mentality. If someone of one group attacks another group, the group that is attacked generally holds the group of the one who attacked accountable.

I don't really understand why human nature is that way, but it certainly appears that way.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey shauny your from edinburgh, I live just along the road and go through edinburger every week. I think your just seeing normal ignorant people, I wouldnt take it seriosly. Most people think its funny or ok to have a laugh at those kinda jokes but really I doubt that they actually do think like that.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I know its racist but we shouldn’t look down on Arabs when according to almost all research into racial differences in intelligence Arabs outperform Europeans…
en.wikipedia.org...
Or see for yourself
www.google.co.uk...

Many people understand that is current Arab culture as well as recent history which is responsible for their poverty.

By the way: Just because racism is factually correct does not mean racial discrimination is. In my view the differences are too small to judge all individuals with the same brush, especially because they are only average observations because (unlike in Nazism) the reality is that racial differences only exist as averages. There is nothing to stop an Aboriginal being more in intelligent than you or me; in spite of the fact it would be more likely if you or me were both Aboriginal.

Of course I'm not too sure how much the fear of minorities is to do with the war on terrorism. Certainly a black person is more likely to be a criminal than someone who isn’t. www.ojp.usdoj.gov...
www-unix.oit.umass.edu...
Of course colour of the skin has little to do with it, only that colour of skin has meant they are more likely to be discriminated against and therefore turn out criminal (although I’d be deceiving if I claimed discrimination was the only factor responsible).

What I Hate…
1. Reality Denial: Ignoring the fact negative racial differences do exist, to the point of blaming all other factors.
2. The ignoring of eugenics and racial profiling when these could be used to benefit minority and majority groups alike.
3. The fact that in so many parts of the Western world human evolution no longer favours the “socially functional”. I.e. where those in e.g. middle-higher income groups tend to produce less than two children on average.
4. Denying individuals opportunities because of their race and not because of who they are (that’s a sure enemy of justices, efficiency and progress).

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well, racism against the Islamic community is spreading. This is a direct result from the "war on terror" and I don't think anyone could deny that. It's taking two to tango - Racism on this issue is going both ways.

I don't believe racism in 'general' is increasing - More so steady if you ask me. But I have definitely noticed racism against Arabs has increased, and vice verser. That is to be expected.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I see you are Australian.
I would just like to point out the Cronulla riots of 2005.

www.smh.com.au...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikinews.org...:Australia/2005_Sydney_race_riots
www.kuro5hin.org...
www.abc.net.au...
melbourne.indymedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yes, I am fully aware of the Cronulla riots and I have many opinions on it. I don't understand what you're getting at?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
i have noticed more racism than at any time.
...not all muslims for example want to call a jehad on all off us after all.

I'm 'getting at' the fact that there were no mass or violent rasism/ acts due to those of Middle Eastern decent in this area prior to the 'war on terror'

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Yep I agree. Didn't realise you were agreeing with my original post...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

I know its racist but we shouldn’t look down on Arabs when according to almost all research into racial differences in intelligence Arabs outperform Europeans…

Wrong I'm afraid, we're equal in intelligence, no one race is "smarter" than another. All of those links prove nothinkg of EUROPEAN intelligence, for all I know those US tests where from a select batch of americans.
The minute we start trying to prove one race is smarter is the minute we go back to the 1920's.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
well, everybody isn't equally intelligent
all races, on average, are
but a select few arabs are genius
as are a select few white people
black people
asians
etc

standardized intelligence tests don't prove anything about intelligence

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here in Ontario i've noticed a pretty big change. I live in Barrie, a city thats 94% white. I've noticed that almost everyone here refers to middle eastern people as "P***'s". Even my white friends do, and they're parents.

Also, a crime was committed up the street from where i live, which i believe was race motivated. These 3 brothers moved here last year from Guyana (I know this because they go to my school) to live a better life with there relatives. A little while after they had moved here someone smashed the hell out of there car. All window, lights and tires were wrecked. I'm positive this was because of their skin colour. And at school, i've seen them get into arguements with people and the people there arguing with always say "get out of Canada" and "You shouldn't be here", stupid things like that.

It sickens me how ignorant people can be.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reza6
Here in Ontario i've noticed a pretty big change. I live in Barrie, a city thats 94% white. I've noticed that almost everyone here refers to middle eastern people as "P***'s". Even my white friends do, and they're parents.

Also, a crime was committed up the street from where i live, which i believe was race motivated. These 3 brothers moved here last year from Guyana (I know this because they go to my school) to live a better life with there relatives. A little while after they had moved here someone smashed the hell out of there car. All window, lights and tires were wrecked. I'm positive this was because of their skin colour. And at school, i've seen them get into arguements with people and the people there arguing with always say "get out of Canada" and "You shouldn't be here", stupid things like that.

It sickens me how ignorant people can be.

There is a solution: the anti-racism day. This day all whites, blacks, asians etc shall wear the same mask and outfit, and go out like that...for the whole day, in school etc.

You will be surprised what a little masking can do.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think the race issue is more dangerous today than it has been before. With political correctness raging, it's often difficult to blame anyone for anything, under fear it'll be deemed racist. At the same time, race is used more and more as evidence behind why people do what they do. I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, and I run the risk of being jumped more by 16 year old white kids than I do by those of asian or black origin. Hell, theres more fear of white polish skinheads.
As far as the War on "Terror", there is alot of misguided racism. Hindus and Sikhs often get labelled as Islamic Extremists, purely due to their colour. Granted, although alot of jokes that circulate about asians aren't said by right-wing neo-nazis, the subconcious effect is there. I've seen people I know act very strange in the company of asian or black people, complete out of character. It's that subconcious racism thats the most dangerous.

top topics

join