It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Eye wear

page: 1

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:34 AM
Firstly Ime curious as to how many of you have thought of safety glasses in your survival equipment?
Eye protection is a top priority for my family and I Think how quickly a eye injury can spiral out of control.
My biggest deal now Is I just got glasses for the first time in my life. I know I could ware my safety glasses from work but to be honest they cut down dramatically my peripheral vision. Does anybody have any suggestions. No the scuba Steve looking things aint a option. I have included a link below of the pair ime considering. Ime still worried about peripheral vision. Ime open to all advise.

over glasses safety glasses

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:00 AM
Hmmm... i must admit that eye protection is not something ive covered in my kit.

You have made me think... so cheers m8

About 5 years ago i got a splinter in my eye and had it removed at the local hospital (very painful) and you have highlighted a massive oversight by me.

I think chopping wood will probably be biggest threat... or rock climbing... even gathering fruits from trees could put eyes at risk from falling debris.

Rock climbing glases could be a good option (although i have not yet researched this) i would imagine the have good all round visibilty and provide protection for most situations. Balistic Glases could be another option.

I like the ones you linked... i may have to purchase a pair

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
I use these ones for everything. Home, Work, Survival. They just fit my face Really good. Almost no gaps around edges.

Face shape is gonna be key in getting a good fit. I'd go somewhere you could try on different ones before purchase.

Just walk through the woods can be an eye hazard, branchs and all. Good call.

new topics