It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda Hunt Extends To Mogadishu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Somalia's prime minister has asked clan elders to hand over Al-Qaeda suspects who are believed to be sheltered some where in Mogadishu. Washington accused the union of Islamic Courts of turning the country into a safe haven for terrorists. Islamists leaders abandoned the city to the clans with the military support of Ethiopia. The Government of Ali Mohamed Gedi has been in negotiations leaders concerning how to take control. It is being requested that three terrorists believed to be in the area be revealed. The are believed to be responsible for the bombing of U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Tanzania which killed two hundred fifty-seven people.

www.timesonline.co.uk
SOMALIA’s prime minister has asked clan elders in Mogadishu to surrender Al-Qaeda suspects who are believed to be sheltering in the city after his forces, with Ethiopian military support, drove out Islamic militias which controlled the capital.

Washington has accused the Union of Islamic Courts, which threatened to overrun the government, of trying to turn the country into a safe haven for terrorists and demanded the handover of three suspects who it believes were behind the bombing of its embassies in east Africa.

Islamist leaders abandoned their city to the clans late on Wednesday night. Many of their militiamen simply melted away in the face of Ethiopian tanks and warplanes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I guess I should not be surprised that it did not take to long for this to happen. As soon as the Islamist abandon rule of Mogadishu someone is asking for Al-Qaeda member to be turned over to them. If the information is correct and the men responsible for the embassy bombings are indeed in Mogadishu then I do hope they are found and taken into custody. The same men are also suspected in other acts of terror.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.bloggernews.net
www.dailytimes.com.pk
www.iht.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Islamists At War With Ethiopia

join