It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China officially launch the J-10

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Those pictures are fakes, they are either modified (see photoshop) pictures of existing AC or just plain CGI. Look at the second picture, there are several things in there that should be raising red flags.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There was an excellent article I read on the J-10 some time back, it may have been air power journal... or maybe it was AFM.

Anyway, from what i remember the main points were:

- no composite use (at least, not significant)
- no multiple aerofoil sections (with tailored loading) across the wing like the Lavi, so less efficient wing in combat manouvering
- larger wing resulting in lighter wing loadings than comparable aircraft (i.e. Lavi and F-16)

The bottom line was, the J-10 is more of a A2G aircraft rather than an A2A fighter. The large wing gives it a great cruise L/D, and carries alot of fuel - giving it a large combat radius with grounder pounder munitions.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sultan
j-10C?

these are French Rafales

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
there's a newly released official J10 promotional video, from youtube:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The launch and mass production of J-10 is indeed a good news to humanity, but a bad news to bush and his butcher follower.
I think you all have missed an important fact, in real battle, the result is not depends on the technology of the fighter jet, considering the F15, F16 and J10 is not of much difference in various statistics, I would say things like pilot, missile and AWACS is more important.

Personally, J10 is for china on top of protecting its 1.3 billion civillians and strengthen its airforce ability against possible invasion and colonisation from US, also act as a stepping stone to advance fighter jet which can strike down F22 in the future. Although this is still a dream, because F22 is still very rarely found in US airforce.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSaint77
I think you all have missed an important fact, in real battle, the result is not depends on the technology of the fighter jet...

Yes it does, this is a huge factor in deciding who wins, sure it's not the only factor but it is an important one

considering the F15, F16 and J10 is not of much difference in various statistics...

Not even close in categories that matter.

I would say things like pilot, missile and AWACS is more important.

All of these do help, immensely, however having well trained and combat experienced pilots with advanced weaponry and the largest AWACS force in the world is a very formidable combination.

and strengthen its airforce ability against possible invasion and colonisation from US...

That's not even practical and if I may say so, possible. It's not something that we wish to do, and that's not because of your J-10, in this case it does not even factor into the equation.

also act as a stepping stone to advance fighter jet which can strike down F22 in the future.

We'll see about that, lets hope they never have to confront an F-22.

Although this is still a dream, because F22 is still very rarely found in US airforce.

When it's all said and done there will be significant and useful numbers of Raptors in service. If I was you I wouldn't speak as we have two combat ready F-22 squadrons with a third coming up soon. How may active J-10 squadrons does China currently have?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Okay, WestPoint, you seriously need to calm down. Nobody is saying the Chinese are better than us and they all bring up valid points. If you don't like what they say, then back up your arguement instead of throwing out assumptions and being condescending. Especially considering the fact you are very much on par with the StealthSpys and Chinawhites (please forgive me God).

Seriously, I should be a mod or something. The current mods seem to enjoy this sort of ridiculous thread.

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yes it does, this is a huge factor in deciding who wins, sure it's not the only factor but it is an important one

I'm not sure why Saint brought it up, bcause it doesn't really help his argument, but yes, the aircraft is only as good as who is flying it and who is backing him up. That is something many in the know have established in the thread about the Su-27. The institution makes or breaks the force.

Not even close in categories that matter.

Major cop-out. There is no such thing as one category mattering more than another. As we established in another thread, some aircraft can be very good at certain areas and certain aspects of performance, but can be downright awful in other areas. If a fighter tries to perform in an area or in a way it is not designed for or limited at, it will most likely lose. There is more than one way to fight and the one who exploits the other's weakness each time out will take the cake. Not whose aircraft excells in a certain category. That goes for every combat aircraft ever built. And there's the institution, institution, institution. A plane can win battles, but the institution wins the war. And the war is all that counts in the end. If the institution is superior to the enemy's then an adversary can get away with their systems being somewhat inferior in certain categories on a one-for-one basis.

"In categories that matter?" Goodness...

You seem to know a lot about the J-10's capabilities, despite the fact its features are still very much unknown. Interesting.

We'll see about that, lets hope they never have to confront an F-22.

Some more of the space cadet logic at work yet again? Vintage you.

When it's all said and done there will be significant and useful numbers of Raptors in service. If I was you I wouldn't speak as we have two combat ready F-22 squadrons with a third coming up soon. How may active J-10 squadrons does China currently have?

This definitely takes the cake. More condescending space cadet talk. Then, you say "when all is said and done," then point out the J-10s operating in limited service. Newsflash, China is still not at the point where it can roll off advanced 4.5-generation fighters like the U.S. can. Its hardly a comparison, and a compelte misunderstanding of the dynamics at work here. Saint never said that J-10s existed in overwhelmingly large numbers. Make some sense.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Okay, WestPoint, you seriously need to calm down. Nobody is saying the Chinese are better than us and they all bring up valid points.

Umm... that's not the issue, this particular member has made it clear that all he/she intends to do is post what I consider to be attacks against the US.

If you don't like what they say, then back up your arguement...

What do you want me to back up?

...instead of throwing out assumptions and being condescending.

My assumptions aren't based on fantasy, and I'm only condescending when it is apparent someone is not interested in having a rational conversation but rather one full of inflammatory comments. Since we're on the topic of being condescending...

Especially considering the fact you are very much on par with the StealthSpys and Chinawhites (please forgive me God).

Seriously, I should be a mod or something. The current mods seem to enjoy this sort of ridiculous thread.

-----

...but yes, the aircraft is only as good as who is flying it and who is backing him up. That is something many in the know have established in the thread about the Su-27. The institution makes or breaks the force.

Pardon me, but I never said the quality of the pilot isn't important, just that having the right aircraft is equally important. Otherwise what's the point of developing and upgrading fighters? I must admit, I too am not sure why he brought up the topic of pilots...

"In categories that matter?" Goodness...

Yeah, I consider situational awareness, BVR, and the capability to disengage at will (among other things) to be more effective and important on the battlefield than some other performance categories. Regardless of what your doctrine is, some advantages are so clear it's highly impractical to overcome or avoid them without making yourself vulnerable in the process.

This definitely takes the cake. More condescending space cadet talk.

Expert at this whole condescending business aren't you? Anyway, You don't attempt to paint one fighter as being in limited operational capability while the one you are defending and praising is in even worst shape.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
lol
no need to argue, J10 is still one generation behind F22

I suppose those SU30MK2 china had years ago weren't any weaker than J10, but they are just not as significant as the J10s since they are not indigenous.

the whole point of this is to show that china is making progress. you can't make a 4th generation jet before you can make a good 3rd generation one.

[edit on 1/6/2007 by warset]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join