It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akroyd the key for disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ive been thinking lately that there is one person in the world that could bring the battle for UFO/Alien contact disclosure into the manistream, and help put public pressure on the world governments. I really do think that Dan Akroyd is that particular person, and the KEY to declassification of UFO material.

Think about it. He is not only deeply involved in the UFO community, but is the most vocal celebrity in the world on the subject. Dont you think that if we (the UFO community) embraced him as our voice by maybe putting together a march on DC, the networks and fringe believers would be more likely to get behind him for the push for disclosure?

I understand a march on DC with Akroyd is aiming high, but I think you understand what I am getting at. What better sensationalism for the news networks than a world famous actor/commedian standing firm in his beliefs and publicly demanding the govt give us full disclosure? How else could he get involved that would push this to the forefront? Seems like he has nothing to lose since he has been involved in several videos on the topic. Everyone in the UFO community knows his dedication to the subject, so why not take a more public stand with the rest of the UFO community?

So, do you think that Akroyd could be MORE visible in helping bring disclosure about UFO's/Alien contact, and am I right in thinking that he is not doing enough?

[edit on 29-12-2006 by amongus]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
its certainly possible that he could bring exposure to the subject but im more inclined to think (perhaps im too pessimistic) that he would get discredited by personal attacks, as is usually the case. The way people 'debunk' this stuff is by saying things about his life in order to make his views seem worthless or creditless - for example they may bring up an ex wife who claims to have been beaten or ripped of by him or something like that. Admittedly it doesnt make his point any less valid but the aim is for the public to view it as another 'loony' making wild claims. The more exposure he gets the more personal attacks he will get.

Toc

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That would rock, but i think he was threatened already in the past...

I don't think he is willing to risk his life over this issue.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think that Dan Akroyd could help get the truth out thare buy being the host on ats tv!is ats tv still in the works?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jane, you ignorant slut.

Yes I, too, believe Akroyd could serve the UFO community in that capacity. The gustapo media would no doubt put a comical spin on such a movement, if in fact it gained any media attention at all. But we have to start somewhere and any action is better than no action.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
When a superstar on the level of Tom Cruise can watch his career take a nose-dive within the space of a year, based on the media and the public's distaste for his beliefs and behavior, what hope do you think a guy like Dan Akroyd has effecting a paradigm shift of this magnitude? Not a Tom fan (or a Scientologist, I hasten to add), but not only does a celebrity have to be crazy to align themselves and their careers with this subject, but it never does the subject any favors either.

You've got scientists, astronauts, and ex-military people lining up to talk about the reality of UFOs as they know it, and the media already has them on "ignore"... Dan Akroyd, in my opinion, is the last thing they need.

The man's a comedian who's been doing terrible cameos in terrible movies for years. Think credibility.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Ive been thinking lately that there is one person in the world that could bring the battle for UFO/Alien contact disclosure into the manistream, and help put public pressure on the world governments. I really do think that Dan Akroyd is that particular person, and the KEY to declassification of UFO material.

So, do you think that Akroyd could be MORE visible in helping bring disclosure about UFO's/Alien contact, and am I right in thinking that he is not doing enough?

[edit on 29-12-2006 by amongus]

Whoa, there my friend. I don't know your experience, but I don't think we have enough information on this disclosure issue.

For instance if it was something like the Intelligence community using UFO sightings to hide stealth projects then this would be the wrong thing to do.

If it was something like 'StarGate' where they had some contact with the alien races then the -last- thing we would want to do would be to cause premature disclosure without due diligence.

The only scenario where we'd need a march on Washington would be if there is a serious eternal threat to the public and not just something that is happening as an internal, or subjective event for the witnesser. Examples of this would be some kind of alternate dimensional contact, as modeled by Whitley Streiber.

We also don't want to put our good friends in any jeopardy.

So I think we need to continue to gather information and try to determine just what is happening. The paradigm seems to be what Jacques Vallee calls a 'jealous phenomena', or one that seems to involve 'trickster' aspects, and it seems to only be apparent for the viewer. That doesn't mean it isn't real to them, mind you.

Here is a link to a blog detailing this:

rigorousintuition.blogspot.com...

HTH,

Best

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

For instance if it was something like the Intelligence community using UFO sightings to hide stealth projects then this would be the wrong thing to do.

Okay friend, so what you are saying is that its perfectly acceptable for our government to be involved in perpetuating the nations fear of aliens/ufo's to "stealth" new technologies? Interesting. . I really dont know how I feel about that. If you feel that way, then I have trouble wondering what you are doing here on ATS? I know you said IF, but makes me wonder. You cant really believe that, do you?

In any event, you could have posted that on any thread here. . "IF they are using it as a cover", so I guess this shouldnt be any different. I suppose we all here are going with the theory that not all sightings are real UFO's, but evidence surely points to a certain percentage being of extraterrestreal orgin. So, that being said I do think that a march on washington to show our united support in having the government disclose what they know about roswell, and the countless other sightings/events that have happened over the course of history would at least garner some attention by the media. Especially if someone as big as Akroyd was leading the event. Yes, he has been threatened before. . but they know well enough that taking his life would only draw more attention. Same reason why the hacker is still alive. A big name could be what we need to get this to the forefront.

Has there been a march on washington for this purpose yet? I believe there would be many, many people willing to make the trek for the purpose. Would you?

Toc

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A march on Washington would rock this place LOL.

I live too far to go there, but i would join in if i could.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Simply said, Ghostbusters 2.

Thats where it ends. I would say 'yeah maybe' but he's not very good at singing jazz/playing it.

And he's fat now.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Assuming we are correct, and the government is secretly hiding knowledge and proof of an extraterrestrial presence, we must realize that disclosure will only happen one of two ways...

1. The government has good reason to share the info.
2. The aliens end their desire for secrecy.

A million man march of "UFO nuts" (as they will certainly be crucified as, in the press), would not provide a "good reason" for the government to suddenly come clean on this issue.

Think about it. These days, a UFO could crash in downtown Manhattan and still easily be covered up (i.e. troops create a perimeter, explanation is that a new, nuclear powered prototype drone went off course, and poses a radiation hazzard, etc.)

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Personally, I don't see why I should trust an actor, a person who lives by faking he's actions and emotions.

How do we know that he is not being paid for he's actions and emotions when he appears as a fan of a disclosure?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering if everyone is aware of the serious interest that Mr Ackroyd has in the area of paranormal and UFO-logy?

Besides hosting and producing an impressive series, he also made this movie in 2005

www.imdb.com...

Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs

Saying that he's 'old' (GB2) and 'Fat' is disingenuous, and dismissive of his real talent and expertise in the field.

Having said that I'm not in favor of any 'March on Washington', interesting as that might be for some. ;-)

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I keep thinking I'd want to sit down and talk in depth with Mel Gibson. His movies and projects over the years really scream out that he believes in a lot of unorthodox topics. BEYOND the whole "Jews" outburst there's...

1) Conspiracy Theory. -I mean it's CALLED that after all. Mind Control/ MK Ultra.
2) Mad Max I,II,III. -Post-apocalyptical fuel wars.
3) Signs. -ETs, UFOs, etc.
4) The Patriot. -Guerrila warfare during the War for Independance.
5) Apocolypto. Macho Piccu and the Mayans (Haven't seen it yet)
6) Passion of the Christ. -do I have to say it?
7) Braveheart- Little guy vs. Royal Injustices.
8) Air America- CIA involvement in Vietnam
9) Lethal Weapon I, II, III, IV -Has all sorts of plotlines involving Secret Societies.

I mean, that's a track record right there. He's got to have an interesting take on more that a few of the subjects covered in ATS.

I'd love to march with Dan Akroyd to the Capitol and all, but, a half-hour alone with some candid questions would be awesome!

My $0.02,
Cuhail

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have to agree with Gazrok.

No matter what we do it won't make a difference. If there is something to be disclosed, they will do it whenever they deem necessary and leave us completely in the dark and classed as nut jobs until then.

They've gone to great lengths through the media and disinformation to make any believer, no matter how normal, portrayed as crazy so i doubt any action we take would make a difference, the media would crucify us and the government would ignore us.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe I could have stated what I meant better in my original posting. Do I think that Akroyd himself would be a reason for the govt to come clean about UFO's/aliens? No! What I am mearly saying is that a march of, as you call us, "nuts" alone wouldnt draw any attention. A march/protest on DC with Dan Akroyd would at least garner some media attention/coverage and bring the discussion to the forefront. I am in the media myself, and can say that his involvement with a march on DC WOULD lead to discussion on various talk shows about the subject, and open it up to an audience that doesnt breathe it on a daily basis like us at ATS do.

Now do I know if he would even do this? Nope. . .I would suspect that if somebody decided to put a rally together in the nations capital, and he got an invite, I'd be shocked if he didnt show up considering how vocal he's been.

On the same note, does anybody know if there has been a rally of this sort in DC?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think what he is currently doing, is the best he can do.

He is a smart guy and has figured a lot out.

I think if most other celebs had done what he has done they would have been ripped to shreds by now. He has some how avoided this, I think he probally has some information deemed "sensitive" which they do not want out and that is why up to this point he has been left alone, I doubt most "normal" people even know he has an interest in the stuff.

I think all he can do at the moment is continue with what he is doing, if he goes any further, like by becoming part of some march, he will be deemed to "hazzordous" and ripped to shreds by the media.

It is just best to let him continue what he is doing, at the present time.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

What I am mearly saying is that a march of, as you call us, "nuts" alone wouldnt draw any attention

I'M not calling us nuts, just saying what the press would term such a group, and you know it's true....

Personally, I commend Mr. Akroyd for his dedication in this area. He's been an amateur UFOlogist for many years, and his own work should stand on it's own, not be judged based on what he does for a living. That said, the idea of a "spokesman" for the subject immediately then connects said person with EVERYthing on the subject, from the serious work, to the fringe elements, and I'm sure Mr. Akroyd isn't looking for that kind of connection to the subject (imho, of course).

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
On the same note, does anybody know if there has been a rally of this sort in DC?

(BUMP) Does anyone know if there has ever been a protest march on DC reguarding the lack of disclosure of UFO's/aliens?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hard to disclose something you don't know about. Theres no proof that the United States is currently aware about aliens. And when I say 'aware' I mean truely know and believe that there are aliens. It could be just as lost as we are. I mean, what proof does anyone have that the U.S. has been hiding anything?

Out of all the countries to hide things from us, I would believe China would do something like that.

And theres nothing special about Akroyde. He's just an actor whois been interested in the paranormal for over 20 years. Nothing special about him. And his current film life is dead. He is no longer a star.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

new topics

top topics

join