It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA AND AURORA ????? WOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ITS ON THE ONE OF THE NASA WEBSITE ABOUT HYPERSONIC APPLICATIONS LOOK AT THE PICS IT LOOKS LIKE AURORA

www.spacetransportation.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Here is a quote from the link;

"NASA Marshall's Advanced Space Transportation Program (ASTP) is investing in hypersonics as part of a new national hypersonics strategy formulated by NASA, the Air Force, Army, Navy and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency."

"Defense Advanced
Research Projects Agency"

Just who are these people?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Defense Advanced
Research Projects Agency
=
DARPA

DOES THAT CLEAR ANYTHING UP

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

"Defense Advanced
Research Projects Agency"

Just who are these people?

DARPA

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
is the central research and development organization for the Department of Defense (DoD). It manages and directs selected basic and applied research and development projects for DoD, and pursues research and technology where risk and payoff are both very high and where success may provide dramatic advances for traditional military roles and missions.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i found another site with what looks like aurora and it has a lot of pics they look old but it has some specs.

www.fas.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
hmm you know i was looking and uhhh they look nothing like the original aurora the first pic is long and more slender and the last one, well it goes off by a mile(atleast i think so) but great find.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well the concept is the same hypersonic except this one doesnt use pulse wave detonations .

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Most hypersonic designs look pretty much the same. There's little room for fanciness. Currently, you're looking at maximising volume, minimising and smoothly distributing heating, reducing friction and generating lift. Even the B-3 HyperSoar concept looks like this, and so do Russian hypersonic designs.

However, the Aurora is designed for high-altitude hypersonic cruise and a measure of stealthiness - it's not a RLV but the technologies would be similar. Aurora also appears to aerial refuel before a long-distance flight.

Nice find.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
well the concept is the same hypersonic except this one doesnt use pulse wave detonations .

The pulse wave detonation theory has no support to back it up. The contrail evidence is a natural phenomenon and doesn't jive with the engine and flight characteristics of that type of aircraft anyways.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae However, the Aurora is designed for high-altitude hypersonic cruise and a measure of stealthiness - it's not a RLV but the technologies would be similar. Aurora also appears to aerial refuel before a long-distance flight.

Nice find.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Lampyridae]

There is no actual design stealth characteristics of this aircraft. It "stealthiness" comes from the fact that it is fast as f@%k and flies at the very edge of space. There is no evidence for in-air refueling.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
the "aurora"
in my oppinion does exhist...
everything that is in use now is 20 years behind everything in development or in "testing phases". and even more compared to the s%%t they are thinking up.

after reading as much as i can find to date i think.
(or at least i would make)

aurora applications.
1. cia/nsa/airforce. spyplane
2. Us. airforce. tactical bomber (bomb anywhere in the world in 2 hours.. wooohoo..)
3. X-30 space plane test platform (technology demonstrator)
4. low cost suborbital satelite launch vheicle ( probably a dumb one)
5.my private jet ( had to put this one in sorry guys
)

neway we will all find out about the aurora in the next 10 to 20 years if we dont nuke the crap out of eachother first ..

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by CanadaCANfight]

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by CanadaCANfight]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
true i think maybe there are a few aurora out there but the platform it was desinded for in the mid 80's is kinda obselete. we have an array of spy sat's in orbit. We also have harrp which is cap. of x-raying the earth. and also using space launched tactical nukes ( you know we have em ) we can hit anyone anywhere. so their really is no use for it. I think they took the plans for aurora and gave them to nasa to use as a RLA. And DARPA is devolping with some company a delviery system of payloads anywhere in the world within a couple of hours so what is the need for this plane could it be a cover for the black manta or other planes or some other weapons platforms?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yeah But The Black Manta Is A Flat Design Like The B2.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I talked to a retired gentleman in around 1994 who used to guard the Aurora at area 51. He was extremely credible, as his wife was there with him- I believed him, but you all will have to use your own judgement. He said they retired the Aurora in the late 80s early 90s because it was now considered obsolete, and they had better stuff coming out of the design phase.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hmm But It Doesnt Look Like It Was Out For That Long Back Then Or We Would Have Tons Of Pics Of It Now

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I dont think thier are any known actaully pics of the Aurora.
So what are you comparing the pics too?
Deep

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
dont trust old people...especialy when they just told you that they used to work at area-51 and guarded the aurora, he was probably nuts.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Yeah But The Black Manta Is A Flat Design Like The B2.

Is also Sub-Sonic..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Nope...he wasn't old or nuts. He was retired at 38.
It was really an amazing situation. He was really very credible.
I'm pretty discerning, and not easily fooled...except by a nortoriously beautiful woman who is now my ex wife.

It's too long and detailed a story to tell on this forum.

But I beleive his information to be true. I do however recognize that for you intellegent men and women to beleive little old me, amid all the speculation and downright disinformation might be a stretch. But I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Now Buster if you heard it from the test pilot it would be a whole nother story

I was reading that TR-3B thread, and they mentioned this Rouche guy. I was looking around at that rense.com site and ran across some excerpts from his book. He called the Aurura a group of planes that included the SR-74 and 75, one was a mother ship that apparently had a PWD and the other was the "scram" which was an unmanned drone that used a scramjet. I actually had never heard the Aurara described in these terms before, but it sounds familiar to some CIA/DoD plane, one that was able to launch satellites, and that video from Florida that shows some wierd fireball might actually be this plane and not the Aurora.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join