It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Christmas in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just heard from a friend who lives in a small community called Fern Gully.

(Down toward Melbourne.)

They had about 2" - 3" of snow Christmas morning.

Their average temperature on Christmas day in that region is 80 degrees F.

The coldest Christmas day on record to date.

No links, just an email from a trusted friend.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
he's gotta be messing with you man.....it's the height of summer down under right now!

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Ohhh no! Slept with a hot water bottle last night, caught a lift up to Melbourne (hailed and rained all the way), pigged out on the leftovers in the fridge, had an epic battle with the central heating system, eventually won, and laid down to read a book for the next 6 hours, glancing outside occasionally only to see more rain.

Well, at least all this keeps the tourists away from my town!!!

Anyways, it never got past 15°C (59°F) in Melb, which is apparently the coldest it's been on crissy day since they started keeping records.
Back home right now, I can't feel my feet. Nope, I can tell ya, your friend definitely wasn't telling porky pies!

There was snow on Mt. Buller, a popular skiing mountain mid-year. But since there have been bushfires raging around it's base for some time now, that can only come as a relief to the firefighters.

EDIT: bbcode? nah, dunno how to use it

[edit on 25/12/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
he's gotta be messing with you man.....it's the height of summer down under right now!

Hey snafu7700/
Desert Dawg is correct in that .......quote/// ''The coldest Christmas day on record'' being today Christmas day Australia 2006.

I Live in Melbourne and today was real cold that it actually did hail and felt like winter , rather then the hot Christmas we Aussies are used to.
It didn't snow, but I did hear on the radio that it might actually snow around Melbourne Christmas day...

helen

Merry Christmas to all of ATS

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
White christmas in Australia -- true and very awesome, this is extremely unusual - usually we aussies fry during the holidays.

News site

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
wow, i stand corrected then....glad somebody got a white xmas. here in northern virginia all we have is rain.....and it actually is winter here!

new topics

top topics

join