It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods have Spoken - Indonesia about to be wiped off the planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The original post and title refers to godS not god - so just which gods are we dealing with here?

The islands of Indonesia are bound to suffer fairly frequently, they live in a very unstable region. Active volcanos and earthquakes will cause frequent disaster. They are also a relatively poor nation and suffer the effects of erosion due to over farming and clearing of land, and consequential mudslides.

The drought in Australia (a largely christian country)has been going on for several (ten I think) years and is not expected to break any time soon. Rises in global sea temperatures are responsible for low fish numbers and outbreaks of various fungal blooms, this will affect fishing areas and further diminish fish numbers. The great barrier reef is also dying in many areas.

Is that a sign from God(s), an aspect of global warming or a natural earth cycle?
It could be any of those three, but I highly doubt that it is the first sign of the apocalypse. I will need some much larger GLOBAL calamities before I fall to my knees waiting for the heavenly host to raise me up.

Does this prophet tell us anything that can't be figured out by reading the newspaper?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
well an indoesain flight has gone missing with more than 100 people on board ,No one knows if the plane crashed

However it did send out a distress call before it went off radar

More death in indonesia?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NocturnalJourney
you better be www.raptureready.com...

There is no such thing as a 'rapture'. That is a cult invented by failed anglican priest Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s. There are PLENTY of threads about this in BTS religion forum. All the facts are there... both biblical facts that prove that there is no such thing as a rapture; and historical facts about the rapture cult invented by Nelson Darby.

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Your god does murder, and calls for murder.

I don't think that it was really God who actually called for murder. It was some of the people who claimed to follow him that did. Moses was a bad-acre ... he ordered the deaths of ALL people who got in his way. ALL the people, except of course the teenaged virgin girls, caught during the battles, that he said the men could keep as sex toys. So much for 'thou shalt not commit adultry', eh??

Originally posted by Cuhail
I believe this set of events were mostly attributed to a volcanic eruption in Greece.

Very true. It's hard to know exactly thousands of years later, but much of the scientific evidence does indeed point to that volcano - minoan I believe - that had a MASSIVE erruption at that time. Moses could have used the events for his own political purposes, or God could have caused the volcano to erupt and therefore used it to free the Jews who may, or may not, have been held in bondage in Egypt. There is a lot of physical evidence to show that the Jews were not in bondage, but rather were free people who lived in poor slum areas. The reason the Egpytian Army chased them down in the desert was because, if you read your bible, the Jews STOLE the Egyptian's gold and jewlery before they all left.

As far as the alleged visions - they may or may not be true. People have been claiming visions of major earthshaking events for at least the past 25 years. Did this person see something ahead of time? Perhaps. But if you look at future visions you will see that the receiver often includes his/her BIAS when giving reasonings for what they see. If the visionary sees earthquakes then they may attribute them to Gods vengence, or to the people being the 'wrong' religion .... etc.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
Does this prophet tell us anything that can't be figured out by reading the newspaper?

And there you have the ultimate question.

Common sense? Savy newspaper reading? True visions from God? A cultist and/or false prophet getting people for a take?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH PLZ Give me a break, all earth will be whiped out, my cat told me.

Ohh wait "mjaouuuuu" the cat just spoken.... I WILL BE THE NEW PRESIDENT AND BE CALLED GOD BY ALL PEOPLE....

when will this kind of bull# stop, why why is the people so stupid..

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Over 400 people still missing from the ferry that sank to go along with the missing plane.

A series of bad coincidences IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wether or not you warn people, the fact is that most people have to stay where they are and do what they do, in order to live.

The warning is there for the ones who survived, so they can benefit from future warnings (become believers). Repent of their sins, turn to the creator and look to him for salvation.

I have been told of times of trouble and a new government, that will be run by The Son of God, Jesus. There really won't be one place in the World that will not be affected in one way or another, over the next few years. It will be by the hand of my God, The Creator of Heaven and Earth, that I will live to see the new Government.

I have had a UtoU from someone saying he has to warn the people about Cali being in danger. If they all had to move, where would they go and what would they do. Oh ya...all the wealthy people in big fancy houses could take them in and help them out.

There are supernatural forces, we don't understand, at work right now. The warnings all point towards this struggle for our (mankind's) alliegence, because we are given free choice. Both sides want us, but only the Creator will have the final word (Thank God it is His Word that is Law).

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
well, in my opinion all of these warnings about some impending disasters looming for specific areas are BS

they just seem to be the sort of religious fear mongering made so famous in the various witch hunts

religions thrive in a climate of fear and uncertainty

the more afraid people are of made up future disasters, the easier it is to convert them

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
The warning is there for the ones who survived, so they can benefit from future warnings (become believers). Repent of their sins, turn to the creator and look to him for salvation.

What about those that die? Don't they get a chance then? And Salvation, by that do you mean Earthly life, or eternal?

I have been told of times of trouble and a new government, that will be run by The Son of God, Jesus. There really won't be one place in the World that will not be affected in one way or another, over the next few years. It will be by the hand of my God, The Creator of Heaven and Earth, that I will live to see the new Government.

so all the world is damaged or destroyed, but you are unscathed?

all the wealthy people in big fancy houses could take them in and help them out.

We wish that would happen, but there is a first time for everything I suppose.

Face it, if the tribulation happens, forget your survival, help everyone else. If it happens I'll try that. And thats a big IF on the tribulation I think.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, in my opinion all of these warnings about some impending disasters looming for specific areas are BS

Well said, I trust the geologists/geophysicists/meteorologists/ulcanologists, they are right more of the time on the large swathes of land getting pulverized front.

I assume you mean the religious disaster type.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

so all the world is damaged or destroyed, but you are unscathed

That is the problem with this type of warning, you only see and hear what you want to. That is why most people won't even flinch. There is no big conspiracy, do you accept God or do you chose to scoff at him?

People are dieing all over the world and they have been, for various reasons, since creation. If there is a plan of salvation for the ones who have died, where can you find God's plan not fair and just? If you survive, it might be only because of a gift from God.

It is also a fact that Civilizations try to cover up bad things that have happened to them and they imbellish the good things.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Australians currently have a weird touchy relationship with Indonesia.
The Bali bombings, troubles with East Timor, Shapelle Corby and the drug traffickers on Death Row, West Papua Refugees... we are two neighbouring nations with quite different values that often come into conflict.

Throw into it newspapers and loudmouth radicals in both nations drumming up hysteria, and the populations get a bit crazy.

So of course I expect there will be Aussies out there having Dreams of Indonesia engulfed in disaster. Wishing for the death of millions of people largely because some chick is in jail for trying to smuggle some marijuana into Bali. And it turn you'll have similarly obsessed people in Indonesia... who unfortunately act out their dreams with bombs in Bali.

'tis the Madness of Humanity. Enacted all over the world, since civilisation began.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Now a major plane crash, I wonder if this list of ongoing tragedies will continue in Indonesia.

www.news.com.au...

This is looking a bad couple of days for Indonesia, We have so far A Flood, a Ferry tip over killing hundreds and now a plane going down.

Hmmm its probably nothing to worry about but its very interesting (sad)sequence of events indeed.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
this month in my country there was a man killing hookers, a dog killed a girl, lots of people died from the result of drink driving, some people even died from old age, kids suffer from terminal illnesses & there are thousands of homeless, not to mention child abuse.

Guess we're next on the list? Also, why is it that christians think that their god is superior to Allah? Perhaps Allah is wishing the things i mentioned in my country?

This thread is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
this month in my country there was a man killing hookers, a dog killed a girl, lots of people died from the result of drink driving, some people even died from old age, kids suffer from terminal illnesses & there are thousands of homeless, not to mention child abuse.

Guess we're next on the list? Also, why is it that christians think that their god is superior to Allah? Perhaps Allah is wishing the things i mentioned in my country?

This thread is pathetic.

Your allowed your opinion mate and your comments are fair enough, I would like kill this thread as Frakkerface is obviously offended by it.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
no im not offended by it, it takes a lot to offend me. I just dont understand why people of a particular faith see their god as being more supreme than any other and that if people happen to worship a different god they are worthy of being killed for that reason. It happens everywhere & in most religions but i find it odd that people cannot see that all major religions stem from the same root, like arms of the same body if you will, and that if any of them are true they are all true. To me they are all aspects of the same thing, pieces of a big puzzle which do actually fit together. Im not sure if egocentric is the correct word but i mean the fact that some people have no empathy whatsoever & cannot view their own & others' belief in an objective way.

If there is a god (of whatever name or side) i really doubt it would be so cold hearted as to destroy whole nations because they believe a different version of the same truth. I mean was god angry with Africa & caused the endless suffering there? As far as i remember Jesus' teachings were for acceptance, tolerance, forgiveness and love...that doesnt sound like the same thing as killing off a nation for believing in a different god.

But my opinion is as much a blind faith as anyone else's, and while i find the whole notion of this thread entertaining & ludicrous, i dont wish for it to be closed. I find different opinions interesting, even if i dont agree with them, I can still learn from them....so carry on

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hear ....Hear.

There is only one God in charge. There is one Savior and there is only one Satan. All things are done through these spiritual biengs, whether it is Salvation or conspiracy.

What you chose to do is directly related to who you are listening to.

It is not easy for people to figure out the choice, because it means giving up the one thing that makes us so special, individuality and freedom of choice. To recognize The Creator and His plan for salvation means surrendering your self to His will. That is the big stumbling block for a lot of us, because we naturally are opposed to being told what to do.

We can however be given false information, leading us to make the wrong choices. You must have faith in what you believe. If denying ignorance means you need physical proof, then you had better make peace with your Creator. Seeing it for yourself is the only way you will be able to believe the truth.

You need your own revelation. It is now possible to adress the throne of God, through Jesus who has wiped out your sins from the book of records. Prayer and repenting of sin are the keys to a meeting with your Creator.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

and also, since when were natural disasters religious conspiracies or direct punishment from god?

All disasters are not natural and all are not from God. I believe good and evil is scattered throughout the globe. Evil does not dwell in one place and neither does good.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I am a Christian and I do not think, nor believe that. What I do believe is that there is a God who reigns over a pure heart, who oversees a clean conscience and who supports a faith working for a divine outcome.

If people purged themselves, there would be no need to purge the planet. That includes every nation, and rich and poor alike. There is no place to run to. There is no place that is not affected. In unity, what affects one affects all. Consider "Job". Some circumstances are beyond our ability to control and I think that is what is unsettling to people. Some would rather think up reasons for why it happened "over there" to soothe their minds and trick themselves into believing that it can not happen "over here".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join