It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidents that Jesus exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Last I knew their was no evidents that Jesu was a man on earth. I thought there was not evidents of the matter. Someone that you really cant just in what she says says that there is evidents.

does anyone know of any evidents that jesus was on earth.

Dont get me wrong I am a follower, but even I know just because you can prove he was alive doesn not mean you Can prove he was the SON OF GOD.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am suprised no one has replied yet.

But here is a few examples of proof.

quote: Not even the tax collector ever wrote his name becaue he never exisited

.... I don't even know where to start. First of all, many tax collectors wrote down his name in their charts. Zacchaeus, the chief tax collector of Jericho, had Jesus's name clearly written in his log. We have physical documents from the time that Zacchaeus was a living and breathing person. And last time I checked, Matthew (a disciple of Jesus) was a tax collector himself. Matthew wrote an entire book based aroound Jesus's life.

quote: There are no first hand stories from anyone

Pontius Pilate, an famous Roman Official of the time, was the man who gave the final order to crucify Jesus. In Pontius Pilate's journal and log book, Jesus is mentioned over a dozen times! Julius Caesar himself writes about Jesus and his widespread influence (Caesar and Jesus were both living at the same time). Any other first hand accounts? How about all twelve of his disciples. They touched Jesus, heard Jesus, and knew Jesus personally. Almost every one of them wrote an epistle or book about him, and these historical figures could not have been made up.

quote: They don't know where he is buried.

Jesus was crucified on a hill at Golgotha, near the west wall of Jerusalem. His body was most likely buried in a tomb nearby designated for people who were crucified for breaking Roman law. As to when he was crucified, it was on a Friday on 0 B.C./A.D. That's right people, B.C. stands for Before Christ and A.D. stands for After Death. Nowadays people call it Before Common Era as to not offend others.

quote: They don't know when he was born

Contrary to popular belief, Jesus was not born on Christmas. That's actually the birthday of the sun god Mithra. The bible tells us that Jesus was born while the sheperds were out tending to the flocks and that kings visited him on the day of his birth bearing gifts. It's highly unlikely that sheperds would be out with their sheep in the middle of winter, and that kings would travel hundreds of miles during the winter. I'm no expert, but Jesus was probably born in the springtime.

As to physical evidence, I challenge you to find a shred of physical evidence that clearly tells us of a specific person that lived over two thousand years ago. We do not even have the body of Julius Caesar, because the Roman custom was to burn corpses. The world back then is not like today. There were no birth certificates, death certificates, big houses and digital documents everywhere that have a track of what you buy and where you go. Compared to other people in the B.C. era, it is actually astonishing that we have so much evidence of Jesus's e

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thank you, very inforitive.. You got any web sites to back up claims. Not that I dont trust you. I was looking for things to read on the subject, as you might know its not a easy search.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It might help a bit if people stopped looking for a jewish man with a greek name, and started looking for a jewish man with a jewish name. Jesus is the english translation of the greek translation of Yeshua. We could've translated his name from Hebrew to English, but we didn't, we chose greek instead, kinda strange to me; but then again when you are trying to control people and keep them in a place of fear what does the translation of a name matter?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To tylersch_01 (who wrote on 25-12-2006 @ 11:58 AM):

I have neither the time or the interest in responding to all of your nonsense, but two examples should suffice. As part of your “proof” you offer the statement that: “Julius Caesar himself writes about Jesus and his widespread influence (Caesar and Jesus were both living at the same time).”

Sorry, no they were not. Caesar lived from 100 BC to 44 BC. He died 44 years before Jesus was born.

You also make the absurd statement that A.D. means “after death” (and date the crucifixion to the year zero B.C.) Sorry, A.D. stands for anno domini - year of our Lord, meaning a year that comes after Jesus’ birth, not his death. B.C. means “before Christ”, as in before Jesus was born. And by the way, there is no year “zero”. We go from the year 1 B.C. (before Christ) to the year 1 A.D. (the first “year of our Lord”). Though today the preferred terms are “B.C.E.” and “C.E.” (before the common era, and common era).

But thanks for demonstrating your utter ignorance!

top topics

join