It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Place Your Hall of Fame Votes for Cheaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You sit down at your sportswriters desk and take a sip of coffee. You've been putting it off for a while now, but you can't procrastinate any more.

The ballot sits in front of you like your mother-in-law's fruit cobbler. You wish you could just sweep it into the garbage, but you know you have to dig in.

Give a YES or NO on the following players (and...if you feel like it...a quick defense of your position).

1)
Mark McGuire

2)
Rafael Palmeiro

3)
Sammy Sosa

4)
Barry Bonds

5)
Pete Rose

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
1)
Mark McGuire - NO

No secret that he was juiced. Thats CHEATING... NO HALL

2)
Rafael Palmeiro

NO! Got Caught, AND lied to congress!

3)
Sammy Sosa

No, results were obvious. He stopped juicing and SUCKED.

4)
Barry Bonds - NO -NO-NO

A man so selfish he had to cheat becasue the other two were getting all the spotlights. Although he is a d-head, he was one of the greatest untiol he started cheating.

5)
Pete Rose - No...maybe....after he's dead yes.

I loved watching him play when I was a kid. I enjoyed hating him. He broke the rules...and was punished.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
1)
Mark McGuire
Strike one: An obvious juicer.
Strike two: His grand jury testimony.
Strike three: A career .263 average.
He's OUT.

2)
Rafael Palmeiro
Without his roid-bloated power numbers from '98 to '03 he wouldn't be in the 500 HR club and, without that on his resume, I don't think his vehement lies and .288 career average are enough.
He's OUT.

3)
Sammy Sosa
In my mind, the most pathetic of the juicers. I mean, the bulking up of Barry Bonds is comedic, but the transformation of a lithe Sosa into the human bowling ball was insulting.
His rise to greatness and fall to mediocrity is more reminiscent of a crack high than a steroid rush.
He's OUT.

4)
Barry Bonds
One of the most despicable characters in sports. An arrogant ball of roid-raging self-centered [curse word] who simply doesn't care what people think of him.
The thing that stinks the most about Barry is that he was so damn good before he started getting poked, creamed, and cleared. If he was a poser like McGuire or Sosa he could be easily dismissed. As it is, I vote no on him for the first few times he's on the ballot...but in the end, begrudgingly...
He's IN.

5)
Pete Rose
I am dumbfounded at the amount of people who say that Bonds and McGuire will be in the hall someday, but that Rose has no place. Rose is not the smartest fella in the world, but I dare you to find one single game that he played in where he wasn't intent on CRUSHING the other team. The guy plowed over a catcher in the ALL-STAR game for goodness' sake.
There is a HUGE difference between betting on a game and fixing a game. Rose might have done the former but never, ever, could someone accuse him of the latter.
The Hall of Fame is a sham until it includes the man who hit the ball more times than any other. Resoundingly:
He's IN.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
1)
Mark McGuire - NO

No secret that he was juiced. Thats CHEATING... NO HALL

2)
Rafael Palmeiro

NO! Got Caught, AND lied to congress!

3)
Sammy Sosa

No, results were obvious. He stopped juicing and SUCKED.

4)
Barry Bonds - NO -NO-NO

A man so selfish he had to cheat becasue the other two were getting all the spotlights. Although he is a d-head, he was one of the greatest untiol he started cheating.

5)
Pete Rose - No...maybe....after he's dead yes.

I loved watching him play when I was a kid. I enjoyed hating him. He broke the rules...and was punished.

What he said.

top topics

join