It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Was Killed In Iraq Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A Gut Wrenching Story By Lynn Cullen

Lynn Cullen has been a fixture on Pittsburgh television and radio since 1981. She currently hosts a daily three-hour afternoon talk radio show on 1360 WPTT from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This was originally sent to me as a shortcut to her ODEO SITE by one of my military friends. I just listened to it and felt compelled to share it with my fan base. There are a select few that actually know the pain and anguish of losing a loved one in a war. It makes it even more painful when it is a senseless war like Iraq. Those of us who served in Vietnam can tell you that we had hoped that something was learned from the mistakes of our war. Judging by the stupidity of the present administration, there was no lesson learned. WARNING…. This is gut wrenching. If you listen and you FEEL NOTHING…… then you are already DEAD.

Matt Was Killed In Iraq Today - A Personal Story Of Loss

Dave

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What I just find mindblowing and very, very tragic is that those in Vietnam ultimately died for NOTHING, and it does not appear that the conflict in Iraq will be resolved any differently.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Dave, could you kill the BOLD. It's killing eyeballs.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Cut him some slack... those old guys need all the help seeing they can get..

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Who is Matt? I found a whole lot of glaring stuff but nothing on anyone named Matt. Do you have a link to just that story without all the glare?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Dave I couldn't find the link on your site, I did however get lost for about an hour just browsing through lol! I noticed once again your beautiful Mom, and couldn't help but notice the similarity in her eyes to Shirley McClain???

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah..... the archives are a bitch...... HERE is the shortcut. Have some tissues.

Matt Was Killed In Iraq Today - A Personal Story Of Loss

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That was definitely gutt wrenching to listen to, and for it to hit so close to home for the talk show host is hard. But she isn't the only one that has went through this and she stated that too. I'm caught in between and feel for all who have lost loved ones from war. There is no winner in war and innocent people, good people leave this world to soon because of it. I know there are daddy's & mommy's over there that put that uniform on just so their children don't have to. To loose a young man or woman who is young and in their prime that die before their parents do is the ultimate horror of war. I can only hope that war doesn't exist when my children grow up, but I seriously doubt that will happen. My heart goes out to Matt's family and all who knew him and loved him. Sounds like a wonder kid that had his whole life in front of him.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm not dead.
That was over a year ago.

Thanks for the show.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

My heart goes out to the families of the young men and women who have lost their lives as a result of this idiotic war we are in. I am trying to do what I can to help out the soldiers that are here, not there. Let's just hypothetically say I work in HR at some company and I was trying to get one of our soldiers here an interview and they contacted me the next day to let me know they can't make it to the interview because they are being shipped off to Iraq. Let's just say I felt really bad about the their situation and I wished them all the luck. I really didn't know what to say and found it hard to say much of anything. This is all hypothetical of course and maybe it never happened. I hate this stupid war we are in and the morons leading the charge.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dave,

Sent you a U2U, I know you hate them, but I could not post anything here just yet..

Thanks for sharing..

Semper

new topics

top topics

join