It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can anyone believe in God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I fell like there is a god, and I feel like have a soul. I feel there must be more to me than just a bunch of matter that has conspired to give me intelligence and self awareness.

I do not however, believe in a god or my soul or that I am anything more than matter.

Why? Because god is a figment of imagination, myth made up over the ages. People including Jesus and Mohamad may have actually thought they are what people think they are but there is 0 proof or evidence available other than the words of men.

Finally, I wish and pray ( I pray to god every day multiple times) that god will let us all know he is out there. Why? Because I cannot come to grips that when I die, that my thoughts and life experience are just plain ole gone forever. I do not want to END.

I want to live forever and ever in heaven. I want it so badly that I pray for it and talk to a god that I feel is there, but believe is not.

I m not confused at all. I know what I know and feel what I feel. What I know is reality and what I feel is what I want.

BTW I live a fairly happy and stable married life if you think I am nuts =). I feel I am not anyway

God is not out there people, but its ok to feel he is and pray to him for comfort. Just do not let it cause you to take a nation to war and kill 1000's of other people seeking the same comforts.

Lastly, do not try and force your religious based values on other people. That only leads to death.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
belief in god or any supernatural being is a self-deceptive willful ignorance

people believe in a diety simply because they wish to free themselves from insecurities about death and free thought

it's obvious when you realize that all religions explain what happens after you die
and they all explain why you cannot test the precepts of the religion or the all-powerful being at its center

religion is an opiate
and the masses can't get enough of it

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
madness,

belief in god or any supernatural being is a self-deceptive willful ignorance

You state these things in your last post as if they were absolute's.
I once held similar belief's, but always contended that absolutely nothing was absolute... If I said to you, you were seriously deluded because you did not believe in God, I would be way too unkind, because I can assume He has just not revealed Himself to you yet. I can't wait to celebrate the day of your arrival... There is a great surprise that awaits you. And if I might add, opiates are nothing in comparison to coming to know that God exists. Ask and it shall be opened to you.
I think Sheryl Crow said it best in her song Light in your Eye's,
"you gotta talk to the One who made you"...
There are some here among you who have come to know what you do not yet percieve, and I can assure you it is not their insecurities about death and free thought that has set them free.....

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by holidaystar1
You state these things in your last post as if they were absolute's.

Believers state their beliefs as absolutes, too.

There are some here among you who have come to know what you do not yet percieve, and I can assure you it is not their insecurities about death and free thought that has set them free.....

That's stated as an absolute, is it not?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As you well know the belief in god is a walk of faith. As you well know The BIBLE says you cant not find God with out faith. God got tired of people who know him(devil & 3r of the angels) and and chose not him, or love for that sake. (bible says God's is love). So he wanted people who never knew,never had ever seen him, knew is power, or his glory, to do that there has to be free will.

To have free will there has to be evil in the world, and to have free will there can not be any evidents of God existents.

You will never find true evidents ( what you call evidents is different from mind) in this world. There is evidents just not what your looking for. God will never come down to earth and smack you on the face and say he is here. Think about if he did, he would have to for everyone else on earth from this time and the past. And free will would be destroyed. You would know God, and his power, you would know evil exist, the devil is about. And the END OF TIMES IS near.

But the fact is God wants children who will follow him, without knowing him. FOLLOW BY FAITH. Faith only believeing in God and Christ will Get you to God. But remember FAITH WITHOUT WORKS MEANS NOTHING.

I believe the maker of this thread said he believe in a soul and a after life. Dont get me wrong your mind seams more train in knowlege of the world than I am. As only I am 23 years old, I have seen things in this world that none have or will ever see. But ask your self if humans have a soul how did it get there, and how did the after life come plausible.

Forgive me on being descriptive on this part but how does a soul from a dieing body move to women predient with a kid, in fact when does it happen. When the women is having sex with a man. Or when the consiousness is concieved within the women. LOl that is a funny belief if you ask me. How did the after life come in place, how was it made. How did the soul move there to existed. I hope that is not the belief you would hold. I think you said that the soul moves to a higher existients. How did it get there, how did it move. You said that the mind moves the souls. If a soul could move itself to somewhere els, humans could be able to move physical things on earth. If the soul could move itself, I think we would see more powerful things on earth happening.

For me and I pray for you, I hope god will open your eyes to the evidents around you cuz your blind ( or god blinded you still) or you just dont want to believe that your sins will come upon you on judgement day.

I hope you find god with free will, that God will not make himself known to you. For your gift will be reduced and forgivness comes not easy after so.

God's is love let that stay in the believers hearts.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by slymattb]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join