It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Appiah hints at Spurs switch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Juventus and Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah has suggested that a move to the Premiership is on the cards, following the arrival of Patrick Viera from Arsenal.

The 24 year old has stated that Spurs are the latest English club interested in signing him, with others rumoured to include Middlesborough, Everton, and Arsenal. Also, Turkish outfit Fenerbache are rumoured to be on the trail of the midfielder.

Spurs would face an uphill battle to sign Appiah should Everton, Boro, or Arsenal make a move, as Spurs just missed out on the UEFA Cup at the end of last season.

TRD

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Another player linked with Spurs. You know its starting to get boring, all these players and they havn't signed any of them. And why would they need another midfield player?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh believe me...... I ask myself the same questions on a daily basis lol.

I believe that Spurs are trying to fina a midfield 'general' of sorts, like their answer to Viera or Keane.

TRD

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well they have bought quite a few decent players. What about this bid for Baptista? Would be a great coup if they could get him.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It appears that Appiah has opted for a move to Fenerbahce.

This highlights a lot of the problems that Spurs have at the moment I feel. They play in the greatest league in the world, yet they cannot attract names. Names that would rather go to Turkey.

Either that or it shows that most players do really just follow the money, or opt to play for big teams in weak leagues..... SPL anyone?

top topics

join