It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenham make double bid!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Crystal Palace director of football Bob Dowie has confirmed Tottenham have made a double bid for Wayne Routledge and Andy Johnson.

Dowie, brother of Eagles boss Iain, has revealed to Sky Sports News that Routledge has already agreed personal terms with Spurs after being a long-term target for Martin Jol's side. The two London clubs are in daily contact in a bid to avoid the deal going to a transfer tribunal but Palace's valuation of the winger, who scored for England's Under-20 side against Tunisia in Toulon on Thursday, far exceeds that of Spurs.

LINK

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i think depending how much Spurs want them, they will get them. I know they have tracked Routledge and it sounds like thats a definiate deal going to happen.

AJ up front, i think that will end Mido's stay at the club and he will be good for them..

I think Jol is doing some job there!

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That must have been a big bid as they want about 8-10 million for AJ and they turned down a 3million plus bid for Routledge last season from Spurs.

Davies went for what 3million or so, if Keane goes for around 6million, they will have the funds to bid in excess of 11million for them both...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I cant see AJ leaving, i may be mad and completly wrong and some people may think stupid for saying that, but i cant see him leaving till the january transfer window.

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That could be a possibility, Jermaine Defoe/Carrick did that with West Ham. Maybe stay to get them off to a good start before they sell him.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i guess one of the other things with regards to what Dilly said is, if Palace are in the top 2 spots next season at xmas time, doing really well he might think, am staying cos we are going back up. on the otherhand, if they are mid table or near the bottom he might go i want out now.

and yip. i think spurs have the money to make this deal happen

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It all depends on how much Palace want to keep him as he said he wants to leave..

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
if that is the case and he is unhappy, sell him and get money. if he stays it could disrut morale and at least if they sell him now, they can find a replacment

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Tottenham have agreed a fee with Crystal Palace for young winger Wayne Routledge.

The 20-year-old will move to White Hart Lane after the two clubs ended the long-running transfer saga by hammering out a deal for the player.

Routledge enjoyed an impressive season with The Eagles despite their relegation, although he refused to sign a new contract at Selhurst Park with his deal due to expire this summer.

source

new topics

top topics

join