It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Hoddle to return? Take over bid reported!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Glenn Hoddle could be set for a surprise return to Tottenham if proposed takeover plans are successful. Former Spurs boss Hoddle claims a group millionaire businessmen have already had bids of 55 million and 65 million rejected. Hoddle, who took over at Wolves last week on a short-term contract revealed he hopes he could be handed the White Hart Lane reigns if the takeover is successful.

Hoddle is reported to have held talks with a consortium before joining Wolves and Hoddle who was sacked by Spurs six games into last season, believes the current set-up at the club is "amateurish"

"My contacts have already put in two bids for Tottenham but Daniel Levy won't budge at the moment," Hoddle told the Sunday People.

"These guys are millionaires. They have put in bids of 55million and 65 million but Levy wanted 90million for it.

"Daniel is having his last little go at it but if the pressure comes on then he'll run one day.

"Knowing Daniel as I know him, he will not like the pressure, especially if there is chanting against him from the fans - he is not an Alan Sugar and he is not a football man and he doesn't need all this - who does?

"I really do believe there is a chance of it happening if the team continue to struggle.

"Hopefully these guys would say: "Glenn, you run the football side. You work hand in hand with the chief executive and you have three or four people full-time on the scouting side.' The way they do it at the moment is amateurish."

Skysports

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Levy hits back over these claims

"Let's be absolutely clear about this. ENIC owns 51% of Tottenham Hotspur," said Levy.

"Its commitment is evidenced by the fact that during the summer ENIC was wholly prepared to underwrite the full fundraising requirement.

"We have never put up a `For Sale' sign at this club and we are not about to do so.

"I, personally, have invested time, energy and money in getting this club in the shape it is now financially, both as a `player' in the transfer window and as a club with a future.

for rest of article see here

Sir

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Tottenham fans would never welcome Hoddle back, jeeze what does he think? They hate him with a passion!!

join