It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Spending spree in January

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Tottenham are planning to loosen their purse strings once again during the January transfer window as they bid to halt their slide down the Barclays Premiership.

The club signed 15 new players during the summer - spending 37.5million in the process - but are determined to add further depth to their squad.

Sporting director Frank Arnesen has been casting his eye around Europe to pinpoint possible targets in what has proved to be a hectic schedule.

"During the break for international fixtures I have been out across Europe looking at potential players for the club," he told the London Evening Standard.

"There was another opportunity last week when Champions League and UEFA Cup games were taking place. It has been a very busy time.

"Including youth games, I watched eight or nine matches in eight days. So you can see, I haven't been sitting in the office with my feet on my desk.

"I try to get an overview of what is going on and it is always better to see games live rather than on television."

Spurs boss Jacques Santini was the toast of the white half of north London earlier in the season following a magnificent start to the campaign but the club have slipped to mid-table.

The former France coach blames his mounting casualty list for the slide and recognises his squad needs strengthening if Spurs are to make any impact this season.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
they will have to get it right in the transfer market, cant keep spending and getting little in return. and 15 players signed,

where are the sitting in the league

new topics

join