It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Carrick setback..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Michael Carrick's Tottenham debut has been delayed after he sustained an ankle injury in training.

The midfielder requires a scan to determine the extent of the damage and it is unknown how long he will be on the sidelines.

The 23-year-old signed from West Ham last month and made a goalscoring appearance for the reserves - but is yet to play for the first team.

Spurs physio Geoff Brown said: "Michael has been a bit unfortunate in that he has also suffered from a bit of patella tendonitis.

Brown told the club's official website, www.spurs.co.uk: "He got back into training and unfortunately rolled his ankle, has sustained a sprain and will be out for a period of time.

"He is having a scan and we will know more after that."

link

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
its good to hear he got a goal for the reserve team but he is injured now, carrick is a good player and to be honest i thought he would have went to newcastle during the summer

hehe..whats your thoughts about him leaving The Hammers in the first place TRD?

TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I thought he would always end up at Newcastle aswell..

Could he be another 'sicknote' (anderton) at Spurs? I just don't know about him, he always seemed to pick up alot of injurys at West Ham and missed alot of games. When he was fully fit and had a good run in the side he did look a good player. But all the injurys seem to have set him back and he hasn't fullfilled his promise.

As for him going to Spurs, well thats the breaks i guess. I would have liked him to go elsewhere as he does have talent.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I heard on the grapevine that he's got/had a drink problem. When he was sidelined last season he hit the bottle a bit and the club found out. Heard a funny one about his latest injury, don't know if this is true but he slipped over at the bar and that's why he is currently sidelined. Be funny if it was

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Haha...

Well i heard he had started to drink a bit and to be honest he did look like he was carrying a few extra pounds around the midrift when he was still at West Ham.

So i wouldn't be surprised if it was true..

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I always saw him out locally getting smashed, but that was a few years back. Was a bit of a drinking culture at West Ham!

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thing is he is one of the ex West Ham players that i wouldn't mind seeing do well. He was the last one to go and the club pushed him out of the door IMO.....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No they never! He wouldn't sign a new contract same as Cole and the only reason he didn't leave before was that we never got a confirmed bid!

I hope he stinks at Spurs!

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I didn't think they offered him a new contact?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
When he wants £30k or whatever you can't so he basically priced himself out of it and forced the clubs hand.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hrmm.

He was one of the best paid players and they gave him the best contract they could offer. The game just isn't the same anymore, where someone really wanted to play for you. It seems like you have to be over 35 to do that or Man U, Arsenal.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Spurs midfielder Michael Carrick scored on Wednesday as he continued his return to fitness from a sprained ankle. The 23-year-old struck against Leyton Orient in a 3-2 friendly win - his first action since playing for Spurs reserves on 31 August.

Tottenham development coach Clive Allen said Carrick's recovery was going well.

"He reported no ill-effects after the game. We'll see how he is on Thursday morning. That was a pleasing aspect of the afternoon's work," he said.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
He will never get back into the England set-up.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To be honest i don't think he will.

Joe Colejust about makes it in and Carrick will never oust the players who are playing at the moment for England in his position.

TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick hopes to finally be able to make his debut for his new club against Portsmouth on Monday.

The former West Ham United star has been dogged by persistent ankle and knee injuries since his 3million move to White Hart Lane at the end of August, but came through a reserve team game against Charlton's second string on Monday unscathed.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Debut after all this time is funny as hell, another one we mugged Spurs on!!

top topics

join