It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Fergie praises Smith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
man utd manager alex ferguson gives smith loads of praise

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes Alan Smith has been a 'fantastic signing'.

The England international joined from Leeds United during the summer and has bagged eight goals from 19 starts and one as substitute.

The Red Devils boss is particularly pleased with Smith's enthusiasm in training along with his displays in The Premiership.

Ferguson has stated United normally buy older strikers than Smith, expect for Wayne Rooney, however the 23-year-old has hit the ground running at Old Trafford.

"A couple of times I have told him he has played fantastic and he's said 'You don't have to tell me - I know I've done well'," said Ferguson to The Sun.

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Smith has always been a great prospect and Fergie will bring out the best in him. He looks to have curbed his temper a bit and thats his main fault...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
yer, he has seemed to be better, just rooney he needs to sort out now lol. we joked about smith at work when he was at leeds, saying that he would be amazing for man utd as he gets booked so much at leeds, but at man utd he will get away with it hehe

new topics

join