It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Fergie hails Solskjaers dedication

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will win his battle against a career-threatening knee injury.

The popular Norwegian striker has been ruled out of the entire campaign after being forced to undergo surgery on a cruciate ligament problem which also kept him out for most of last season.

At 31, there are fears Solskjaer may never fully recover and the man who famously scored the injury-time winner for United in their thrilling Champions League triumph over Bayern Munich in 1999 was making his final appearance for the Old Trafford club when he came on as a late substitute in the FA Cup final triumph over Millwall in May.

However, Ferguson feels Solskjaer can come through his injury nightmare and has praised the former Molde forward for the positive way he has approached his rehabilitation programme.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
its good to hear that solkjaer is doing well with his recovering from injury, i think personaly, his time is just about over at man utd, he wont get a game ahead of any of the other strikers

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
the baby faced assasin admits he wants to be back next season

"I'm in no doubt that I will play soccer again. The problem will be tempo, but we're talking about eight months' time.

"It's going as it should with the knee and I'm slavishly following a recovery programme."

new topics

join