It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Gerrard to stay?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has dropped his first hint he will stay with the club next season, adding that he believes the entire squad can become Anfield legends by winning the Champions League final in Turkey later this month.

The controversial 1-0 victory over Chelsea on Tuesday night has given the Reds the chance to stake a claim for their fifth success in European football's top club competition. Gerrard has stated all along he wanted to see progress before he committed himself to an extended stay at the club and he believes reaching the final in Istanbul is an indicator that things are moving in the right direction.

LINK

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If they win they will but they are still 33 points behind Chelski in the league.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He might do, they have made a great achievement to reach the final. Just on that alone is a massive step forward, maybe enough for him to have talks. But they will have to do much better in the league and sign a couple of players.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
If they win they will but they are still 33 points behind Chelski in the league.

is it really that far behind they are? woah!

i think getting to the final is enough though, it will make him think can we go that bit further under the new manager etc.. i think possibly, if he gets to spend and gets the right players then yip. he will..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think he is building something good there, depends if Gerrard wants to become a hero or not. Turn down Chelski and stay and he would be put up there with Dalglish and Souness, go and he will be remembered but not loved.

top topics

join