It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Carson completes Reds move

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Scott Carson has completed his move to Liverpool from Championship side Leeds, with Reds youngster Paul Harrison moving in the opposite direction on loan. The promising 19-year-old had a medical at Anfield on Thursday and has now agreed personal terms on his switch to Merseyside.

The England Under-21 international signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with The Reds on Friday morning, after deciding against a move to Chelsea. Carson is Rafa Benitez's third signing of the January transfer window, but is his first from outside La Liga since he arrived at Anfield.

Leeds knew that they had to cash-in on Carson now with his current contract expiring in the summer, and reluctantly agreed a deal with Liverpool.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well. i guess him and dudek are going to battle it out as kirkland is out, i never heard of this keeper before but if hes in the paul robison mould he will be good

do you think he will be no1 straight away?

what you think john, the end for dudek?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
the manager admits he might be first chocie early

Rafa Benitez was delighted to sign Scott Carson ahead of Chelsea, and says that he could have an early chance in the first team.

Benitez says that the club had been monitoring the 19-year-old for some time before they eventually signed him from Leeds.

Carson is Benitez's first English signing and the Spaniard says that there would hopefully be more to follow.

skysports.planetfootball.com...:+Carson+is+ready&channel=Football_Home

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm sure i read he is going straight in the no1 slot and is playing at the weekend.

new topics

top topics

join