It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Cisse breaks leg - out for season?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Djibril Cisse is unlikely to play again this season after suffering a broken leg during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Blackburn.

The 23-year-old French striker, a club record £14million signing this summer, was taken to hospital in Blackburn where X-rays revealed the extent of the injury.

Liverpool Head of Press Ian Cotton told the club's website www.liverpoolfc.tv: "Our club doctor Mark Waller has confirmed that Djibril Cisse suffered a comminuted fracture of the tibia and fracture of the fibula in his left leg.

"Djibril will undergo surgery on Sunday morning to insert a pin in the tibia.

"Unfortunately he is unlikely to play again this season and everybody at the club wishes him the speediest of recoveries."

Cisse was left screaming in agony as he fell to the ground after an innocuous tangle with Rovers' defender Jamie McEveley.

Just 12 months and 47 days after Milan Baros and Jamie Carragher broke an ankle and shin respectively on Liverpool's previous visit to the ground, Cisse was carried off on a stretcher.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
this is a major blow, with cisse out, am not sure who will be playing up front

baros will be getting his games, maybe kewell or the spaniard, garcia could maybe play there till the transfer market re opens

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That is a major blow for them as he had a big build up before he joined.

Things don't look good but i'm sure they can cover the position and as ya say the transfer market opens in January...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i think if they managed to get morienties that would be a great signing, am sure benitez has plenty of links and player names to look at before he has the market opening, so he has time to plan,

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought Morientes wasn't for sale?

He would be a good buy but i don't rate him that high. There is not that many really good strikers that might be available. A big bid for the Yak from Portsmouth might be a good buy...

top topics

join