It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Henchoz faces up to Anfield exit

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz has said he is likely to leave the club during the January transfer window.
Henchoz, 30, who has not played in the Premiership under new manager Rafael Benitez, told BBC Sport: "I would like to play for Liverpool.

"There is another two months before Christmas but if I don't play in that time I need to seek another option.

"My contract runs out next June so in January I would probably join another club on a free transfer."

Henchoz featured in Tuesday's 3-0 away win over Millwall in the Carling Cup, only the second time he has played for his club this season.

He added: "I want to stay in England because I have been here for six years, five of them with Liverpool and I really like the Premiership.

BBC Sport

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
yer, its looking likely he will be on his way out, he has been a good loyal player to liverpool.

will do a good job for most premiership teams if he leaves

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
He has been a good player as you say. What has happened to him?

Last season and the ones previous he was automatic first choice...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
he feels there was no chance he would get a game at liverpool

Stephane Henchoz says that he left Liverpool for Celtic as he had no chances of first team football under Rafa Benitez.

The Swiss stopper was a mainstay of the Liverpool defence under Gerard Houllier, but saw himself slip down the pecking order under Benitez.

Jamie Carragher had been preferred at centre half, while Mauricio Pellegrino arrived in January as the main cover.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

top topics

join