It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Missions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   

US president George Bush is to announce a new space programme which could include missions to the moon and maybe Mars.

www.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
he realizes that he needs to "unify" the USA otherwise, he will have a lotta people mad at him, cause they'll remember:

1. 9/11 (if you believe he knew)
2. Afgan War (so the oil co. can build that pipleine though it)
3. Iraq war (duh.)
4. PATRIOT act (he litterally wiped his as$ with the bill of rights)
5. Repealing Tariffs
6. Being an idiot in general. (choking on a chip,
)

but personally, i feel we should explore space, and the closest thing, the moon.
Hell, i cant, "Go west" to claim me a plot, so look out moon, here i come. LOL.

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't usually get this pissed off on this board, I like to try to remain as placid as possible, but I just feel the need to erupt.

Boy, oh boy, I wonder where our wonderful president is getting all this cash to throw around. Oh, #, that's right, I know where he gets it now. HE'S STEALING IT FROM MY #ING CHILDREN!!!!

THATS RIGHT, GWB IS NOTHING BUT A G.D. THIEF!!!

I'm so sick and tired of his bull#. He'll keep destroying the American economy, until we're in a depression from which we'll never recover from. In the meantime, all the governmnent money from taxes is going into the #ing standing armies that we have overseas, so that the entire world, including us here, can be oppressed, and made into poor innocent saps at the whim of the man whom destroyed the bill of rights, and tore the constitution in two. We'll have a warlord, and the only way to stop him, is to topple his rule. What better way for him to gain a stranglehold on the world than to disintegrate it's world power?

Ladies and gentlemen, Shiva the destroyer has arrived.

He has been here 9 times before. Siddhartha Gautama. Mahatma Ghandi. Jesus Christ. Harry Truman. now, George W. Bush.

I'll see you all at Ragnarok, and then, in the form of GWB, Shiva will bring all the world into destruction.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I don't usually get this pissed off on this board, I like to try to remain as placid as possible, but I just feel the need to erupt.

Boy, oh boy, I wonder where our wonderful president is getting all this cash to throw around. Oh, #, that's right, I know where he gets it now. HE'S STEALING IT FROM MY #ING CHILDREN!!!!

THATS RIGHT, GWB IS NOTHING BUT A G.D. THIEF!!!

I'm so sick and tired of his bull#. He'll keep destroying the American economy, until we're in a depression from which we'll never recover from. In the meantime, all the governmnent money from taxes is going into the #ing standing armies that we have overseas, so that the entire world, including us here, can be oppressed, and made into poor innocent saps at the whim of the man whom destroyed the bill of rights, and tore the constitution in two. We'll have a warlord, and the only way to stop him, is to topple his rule. What better way for him to gain a stranglehold on the world than to disintegrate it's world power?

Ladies and gentlemen, Shiva the destroyer has arrived.

He has been here 9 times before. Siddhartha Gautama. Mahatma Ghandi. Jesus Christ. Harry Truman. now, George W. Bush.

I'll see you all at Ragnarok, and then, in the form of GWB, Shiva will bring all the world into destruction.

A website for you.............

www.fundsupermart.com...

and

www.usatoday.com...

He'll keep destroying the American economy

Quit listening to your parents and watch fox news.

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
1. Who controls this. I'll give you three guesses. first two don't count, okay?

2. With an annual deficit of well over 500 billion, where the # does anyone get economic growth? Long term or short term this economy is failing. Right now, it's running on fumes. once people start to realize that were 500 BILLLION short in the petty cash fund, # begins to rain.

If there's one thing I know, it's my macroeconomics. I'm an avid student of keynes, and I'm a big fan of what krugman's been doing over at the ny times. go have a gander at what he writes.

Like i Said, i'm about to blow a vein, so i'm out for today.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
1. Who controls this. I'll give you three guesses. first two don't count, okay?

2. With an annual deficit of well over 500 billion, where the # does anyone get economic growth? Long term or short term this economy is failing. Right now, it's running on fumes. once people start to realize that were 500 BILLLION short in the petty cash fund, # begins to rain.

If there's one thing I know, it's my macroeconomics. I'm an avid student of keynes, and I'm a big fan of what krugman's been doing over at the ny times. go have a gander at what he writes.

Like i Said, i'm about to blow a vein, so i'm out for today.

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...
hope that they start soon on this space misions to the moon and to mars. because it would be a mayor impuls to the economics. more work in rechearch but also stuff has to be build and design. if you are building something you need materials to build the equipment so lots of work to be done and they will need people to build and rechearch and design and finally for going there and if they go they can start up a whole new economic. if they build resorts on the moon and those have to be build and designed also.
may conclusion is start as soon as possible. it will pay it self back. if there is a war of lands in middle east what is the mayor income... yes militairy industry. now if they start with space it will do the same. now is the US floating on the governement spending on militairy and defencive industrie. We have to make a swift to space economics because there is a commercial benifit in it also.

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
edition.cnn.com...
hope that they start soon on this space misions to the moon and to mars. because it would be a mayor impuls to the economics. more work in rechearch but also stuff has to be build and design. if you are building something you need materials to build the equipment so lots of work to be done and they will need people to build and rechearch and design and finally for going there and if they go they can start up a whole new economic. if they build resorts on the moon and those have to be build and designed also.
may conclusion is start as soon as possible. it will pay it self back. if there is a war of lands in middle east what is the mayor income... yes militairy industry. now if they start with space it will do the same. now is the US floating on the governement spending on militairy and defencive industrie.

Elements on moon that the the US would have access to:

thorium (Th)
silicon (Si)
potassium (K)
aluminum (Al)
uranium (U)
calcium (Ca)
iron (Fe)
magnesium (Mg)
oxygen (O)
titanium (Ti)

lunar.arc.nasa.gov...