It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulham: Coleman fears relegation battle

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Fulham manager Chris Coleman warned his players that they could be facing a relegation battle this season if results don't improve soon. They came away from Villa Park with nothing after goals from Nolberto Solano and Lee Hendrie ensured that the Cottagers' winless streak away from home continued.

Coleman said: "I'm under no illusions and I will be the first to look himself in the mirror as I'm obviously doing something wrong.

"We need to pick ourselves up and show a bit more confidence or we will be there at the end of the season.

"There's a lack of confidence about the team which is frightening considering the talent we have got in the squad."

Coleman added: "I will be meeting the situation head-on and I will ask the players to do the same.

"This is the biggest test of my managerial career, I've learned more about management than I did the whole of last season.

"I asked the players what it is about me, and they will obviously also look at their own performances.

"We're not taking the confidence and belief we show on the training ground into matches and that's costing us."

David O'Leary admitted that the game had been a struggle: "This is going to be a hard, difficult season because a lot of the teams are so similar.

"When you play those other teams they're important games, and it was vital to get the three points.

"There wasn't much between the two teams today but fine individual goals from Nolberto Solano and Lee Hendrie won us the game."

O'Leary added: "It wasn't the best of games and conditions were difficult, but that's no excuse.

"Coming into the game I wanted the three points and I wasn't concerned how we got them."

4thegame

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
fulham picked up a good win yesterday, i think coleman aint had the best of backing from al fayed compared to the other managers who have been there. he is doing a good job and i think one day, he will manage wales

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
He seems to have turned into a decent manager as you say.

Fulham are no world beaters but they should be doing better and finishing in the top 12 every season.

new topics

join