It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Bowyer signs...

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not sure if itys a good move or not. When he was with us before in 2003, he didn't exaclty set the world alight. Ok that was due to an injury he had been carrying.

His spell at Newcastle was exaclty great either, although he was one of their best players in the last few months of the season. He took a big pay cut to come to us and Pardew must see somthing in him as he will come with alot of baggage. At 29 he is getting on a bit so it may be time for him to settle down and show what he can really do as i think he hasn't fullfilled his potential.

Sir

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Not sure about him either.

Will he start though? Mullins had his best season for West Ham and i cant see him dropping him. They didnt pay alot for Bowyer but they are paying him around 30 grand a week and i dont think he will be there to sit on the bench. Man United was lining up a bid for Rio Coker so maybe that will go through if the money is right. I really hope not and Bowyer is just there as cover..

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
With Shaun Newton getting the 6 month ban it gives Bowyer an even better oppurtunity to get a game.

Although i think Newton, when he plays is out in the right i am sure Bowyer can play that role if required.

In his early Leeds days i thought he looked good but his career has been downhill ever since. I think he can't afford to let it go downhill anymore.

Didnt actually know West Ham had signed him until i read this thread hehe!

TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He played in the middle with Mullins in our last friendly game and did pretty good. Looking at it i dont think he will just be there as cover as we sold Fletcher and i heard from a reliable source that Pardew doesnt fancy Mullins anymore..

new topics

top topics

join