It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: FA cup final

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Things are looking good for this years final, I'm sure it'll be a thriller. West Ham look in perfect shape for it with that win against tottenham, we outplayed em & that is great news for pardew who will be hoping we play like that in the final, no major injuries YET for either teams, it will be a hard game for us but I cant wait. Great season for the hammers & deserved better but 9th still isnt bad.

TRD

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
9th was a great result as we was favourites to go down. I would say this season is one of our best we have had in a long time and the Final is just the icing on the cake. I think we will give a good account of ourselfs.

Im having an FA Cup final day there will be about 15 of us, plenty of food and beer!

C'mon you Irons!!!

TRD

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
We had a great day although we got beat. The party was fantastic and we had a good time.

What a final though, you couldn't have asked for much more. I did think we deserved to win on our performance as Liverpool was a one man band with Gerrard. But it just wasn't to be...

The players will be disappointed but you have to look at the positives. We was favourites to go down at the start of the season. The team was built on a shoestring budget to start and they all performed way above what was expected. We finished in the top half of the table and we are in Europe next season. Any manager would settle for that and its a big step forward for us. But you have to admit the FA Cup was there for the taking and we may never get another opportunity like that again.

[Edited on 15/5/06 by TRD]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It was a cracking game, almost as good as the Hearts - Gretna game up in Scotland, sensational that was haha....

It was a really good game and for a period in the game i thought the Hammers were going to win, and then the last 10 minutes i was thinking hmmm... Liverpool raelly need to score now and they do make comebacks, as in they are hard to put away and bang.. Gerrard scored a cracker. Somehow, when he hit that ball you knew it was going in.

And it was funny, cos in the 1st half he was absolute cr@p but so was teh rest of the Liverpool team. In Penalties it just looked like Liverpool knew what they were doing, more calm etc

How old is Ashton? hes a good player and i think hes pretty young but looks older. Think there is real potential in him!

TRD

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ashton had his best game for us so far imo, he is only 22 and once Pardew gets a full pre-season with him he will be strip fitter and i think he will be a totally better player for next season.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ah... the reason i was asking about Ashton was, would he have been better to take on the World Cup?

I rember him at Crewe he was great, a goal scoring machine and i believe at one time, Newcastle wanted to sign him as Alan Shearers long term replacemtn but for whatever reason, change of manager etc that never happened

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Unlucky to the Hammers i thougt they had it for sure. Liverpool was a bit lucky to take it to extra time imo..

You cant take nothing away from West Ham they played the best they could and outplayed Liverpool on many occasion. Gerrard made the big difference in the game and if it wasnt for him Liverpool would have lost. I hope he plays like that in the world cup..

top topics

join