It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Anton staying at Upton Park

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
West Ham maintain they are not looking to cash in on rising star Anton Ferdinand following promotion to the Barclays Premiership.

Alan Pardew's men went on an impressive run of just one defeat in 13 games en route to their victory in the play-off final in Cardiff, with Ferdinand and his central-defensive partner Elliott Ward a major factor in that achievement. The Hammers, however, insist the 20-year-old younger brother of Manchester United and England defender Rio is not about to leave Upton Park, having been linked with a 3million switch to European champions Liverpool.

LINK

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He has improved and it will be interesting to see how he copes with life in the prem, but he is no world beater yet and has along way to go still before he can be considered anything but decent.

[Edited on 6/14/2005 by Speedfreak]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i notice it says about being linked to liverpool at 3 million. i think with the guys name, there going to be expectation cos of his bro. Do you see that kind of potietnal in the player?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
He is never going to be as good as Rio.

He's decent, has impressed me with his improvement but isn't there yet and needs to drop some weight. Bit too early to go somewhere like Liverpool, I don't think it would be a good move for him.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can't see him leaving, he is still learning and yea he does have along way to go. But he is on the right track, this season could make or break him as he does seem a confidence player.

top topics

join