It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers to try to sign Davenport?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok i heard a rumour that we have approached Spurs about signing Callum Davenport. Not 100% sure if its true but he is pretty usefull and he is surplus to requirements now that they have Dawson...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yer, Dawson is tipped for big things and looked good at Notts Forest.

Have you had Davenport before? i remember there was a thread about him but not sure what it was about lol

hes a defender and you where saying how West Ham need 3 decent defenders, so i guess speculation is going to lead this way. If he aint reallly cutting it at Spurs for first team football, can he do it for West Ham at this level?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That is probably a good rumour, i would thnik west ham would try to buy players like this but not too sure as rynaldo said if hes going to be good enough. But its worth giving him a go, better then repka at the end of the day

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yer, agreed lol. i dont think he will get booked and sent off as much as Repka does and surely he aint that slow lol.

and i cant see this guy demanding as big a wage as Repka does either hehe

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If Repka does stay he will take a cut in wages, which wouldn't be a bad deal considering his form in the latter part of the season. Plus Repka is an international and has played a few seasons in the Prem already.

We wanted to sign Davenport but Coventry wanted too much money for him, so Spurs signed him for 3million. They was going to loan him to us the next day but Coventry kicked up a stink about it so we had to wait to get him on loan. He did ok for us, a bit raw around the edges but he looks pretty decent. They took himk back early as they were short at the back but then they loaned him out to Southampton for the rest of the season.

We have Elliot Ward and Dailly, who will most prob be first choices who play in his position. But he would be a good signing as he looks like one ofr the future and can come in if one of them gets injured.

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by Sir]

new topics

top topics

join