It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Cech wins award

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Chelsea keeper Petr Cech won the Golden Ball award as the Czech Republic's player of the season on Tuesday, beating five-times winner Pavel Nedved of Italian champions Juventus. The 23-year-old, who becomes the first keeper to win the award, played a key role in helping Chelsea secure their first league title for 50 years and reach the Champions League semi-finals.

He has also performed well at international level in the Czech bid to qualify for the 2006 World Cup. They trail Group One leaders Netherlands by one point after seven wins and one defeat. Striker Milan Baros of Premier League rivals and European champions Liverpool came third, followed by Borussia Dortmund striker Jan Koller, the national team's all-time top scorer.

LINK

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i have to say Cech has been an absolute revalation since signing for Chelsea. and i remember Ronaldinho saying that he won the game against Barca cos of his amazing saves!

and yer, its not often the keepers get awards so thats good too. and wow! he beat nedved to the award.

i say... well done Cech and.... do you fancy handing in a transfer request and taking a drop in wages and sign for Celtic

[Edited on 6/14/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
He has been solid, let's see if he can do it for 10 years like The Big Dane though.

Ronaldinho is wrong, they lost the match because of the bad ref, a blantant foul on Valdez for Chelski's last goal.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Cech is good and could be one of the best keepers the prem has seen in awhile. One of many awards i think...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Edwin will take it next season if he manages to prop Utd up the league table.

new topics

top topics

join