It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Cech unhappy over henry goal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
chelsea keeper peter cech is unhappy that arsenal's 2nd goal stood

"We were able to win the game, but the referee scored a goal for Arsenal and that was earth-shattering," the 22-year-old explained.

"It's not acceptable. Referee Poll has cheated us. He clearly showed, he will give a whistle."

for more of what cech had to say click here

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
looks like hes gonna get intro trouble

A statement from the FA read: "The FA can confirm that it is pursuing inquiries into media comments attributed to Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech about referee Graham Poll following his team's match at Arsenal on Sunday December 12."

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hrmm he shouldn't have really said that but i guess it was in the heat of the moment. Looks like he will get in trouble for it and thats all that Chelski need if he gets a ban or something...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
yer, not sure if he will get banned, maybe just a fine

if worse came to worse though and he did get a ban, what a keeper in cudicini they have to call up on

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
well..now the ref is having his say

"It came as a disappointment when phone-ins and the messages I received indicated that Henry's second goal was dominating so much of the post-game discussion," wrote Poll in his column in the Daily Telegraph.

"My initial thought was: controversy, what controversy?

"I received numerous requests to explain the situation but I did not speak to television, radio or the written press after the game, despite being 'quoted'.

link

new topics

top topics

join