It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Mourinho sets Robben date

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Jose Mourinho has targeted Chelsea's November 6 encounter with Premiership surprise high-flyers Everton as the day Arjen Robben will return to lift the Blues out of their striking crisis.

Highly-rated Robben has yet to play a competitive game since his 12million summer move from PSV Eindhoven, having picked up a knee injury in pre-season training.

But never has the 20-year-old been so badly missed as he was at Eastlands as Chelsea meekly surrendered their unbeaten record to Manchester City and slipped five points adrift of Arsenal, who even at this early stage are turning the title race into a procession.

With top scorer Didier Drogba on the sick list for at least another five weeks as he battles to recover from a groin problem and Adrian Mutu ruled out indefinitely after clashing with his manager over the seriousness of his own knee injury, Chelsea's toothless attack badly needs a lift.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
am sure chelsa fans are thinking, good things come to those who wait while waiting for robben to make a apperance, he is supposed to be class and will fight it out with duff i imagine for a place on the left

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well what i have seen of him he does look world class. I will be watching when he plays to see if he can make a big difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yer, i think he tipped to be as big as johan cruyff, if thats how its spelt. he could be that touch of class to make the difference and provide more goals

TRD

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Jose Mourinho has revealed that Holland forward Arjen Robben will make his Chelsea debut against Blackburn on Saturday.

Robben has been sidelined with an ankle injury he collected in pre-season and has yet to play a Premiership match for the club.

But Mourinho admitted that the player was now fit and would take part in the game against Rovers at some stage.

Mourinho only has Mateja Kezman and Eidur Gudjohnsen as fit strikers but Robben's inclusion will give him more attacking options against a Rovers side that has never lost at Stamford Bridge since the formation of the Premiership.

He was delighted that Robben has shown enough in the last ten days to prove his fitness.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
since he has came in the team he has been amazing. scoring goals and him and duffa re linking well.

he has added them a extra bit of class

top topics

join