It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Blues failed to sign Joaquin

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Real Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera has revealed that he rejected Chelsea's offer of 20million for Spanish star Joaquin last year.

Betis are currently 14th in the Primera Liga after winning one of their first six games of the season but are desperate to keep hold of one of their key players despite reported interest from a host of clubs.

"On December 30 I had a meeting in Madrid with representatives of Chelsea and they offered 30 million Euros for Joaquin," Ruiz de Lopera told AS.

"I rejected the proposal because I understood that this was not best for Betis.

"People say we are looking to sell Joaquin and make money. But why should we sell? So Betis can present a profit - who do we owe money to?

"During my time as president we have invested 186 million Euros in footballers without considering the cost.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i remember when there was lots of hype about him, i seen him on sky sports spanish football one game, and he was amazing, i think he scored 2 goals and it was getting the ball played to him, and he would do these amazing big runs up the park, and would drift by them and had a eye for goal.

he did look really really good and to be honest, i thought he would fill figo's place at real one day

join