It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Hierro to retire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
how much will Bolton miss him?

Bolton's Fernando Hierro has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.

The Spaniard has been in superb form for The Trotters this season, with his polished displays in midfield helping the club into Europe for the first time in their history.

Sam Allardyce had been keen to keep hold of the 37-year-old for another season to lead their Uefa Cup campaign, but the veteran has decided to hang up his boots.

link

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He has played well in the last few games, but over a course of a season, they won't miss him that much. He is definatly getting too old and he might aswell go out with some respect left of the great player he was..

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
yer, at the start he looked suspect, i guess adjusting to the league and he aint a fast player, so it was always going to be hard.

i think his experience has helped him settle in, and hes looking alot better now.

but....what a player to sign, i think it shows Big Sam can get big names at the club and get them to peform.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Rubbish, he has been fantastic this season! Really held the team together at the back playing in the withdrawn midfield role.

top topics

join