It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Bolton allow Bridges to talk to Sunderland

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Bolton Wanderers have revealed that striker Michael Bridges is in talks with Sunderland.

The former Wearside favourite left the club under something of a cloud to join Leeds United and started superbly at Elland Road in 1999, only to have been hit by a series of injury setbacks.

After a short spell at Newcastle United, Bolton boss Sam Allardyce snapped him up on a free transfer in the summer, beating off competition from Sunderland and other clubs.

However, Mick McCarthy is still searching for a new striker to pep up his attacking options and has persuaded Bolton to allow Bridges to commence talks with the Stadium of Light outfit.

link

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
hmmm...just bought him and there might be a chance of him going, maybe big sam thinks hes surpluss at the moment, i remeber ages ago they signed chris armstrong and he hardly featured then sold him again. i think he gives players lots of chances in life

still, i think bridges has something to prove, was he good or was it phillips making him look good?

TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well i thought he was a good player untill he got some bad injurys that keep him out for awhile. He is still not that old so has a bit of time to find the sort of form he was in a few years ago...

new topics

join