It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Bolton..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Israel defender Tal Ben Haim is having a trial with Bolton after a similar outing at Aston Villa.

Haim, 22, captained Maccabi Tel Aviv last season but is anxious to play in the Barclays Premiership.

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce is debating whether to give Haim a run-out tomorrow in a friendly against Radcliffe Borough.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There have been reports today that Rivaldo called Big Sam and apologised for messing them around and asked whether he could still come to the club, apparantly he's been asked to join up with them in pre-season so they can decide there.

Later today Big Sam denied these reports as rediculous, I'm inclined to believe him on this one. Probably Rivaldo's agent generated the story to remind everyone he's still looking for a club. lol

TRD

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

BBC Sport

Allardyce told the club's official website: "I can categorically confirm that Rivaldo will not be joining us."

However, Harrison added: "Rivaldo was made an offer and time has moved on. Bolton could not give him what he wanted.

"Whether he has changed his mind and is now trying to talk to them I don't know.

Rivaldo's lawyer and agent were over last week and tried to speak to Bolton but no contact was made.

"I don't know what has happened since then - there has been nothing with me."

Yes sounds that way to me John. You can't go messing clubs about and it looks like that deal with the Qatar FA or whatever it was has fell through for Rivaldo. Looks like a reminder that he is still in the shop front and looking for a club. But who will really sign him and pay him the money he wants. If he does come to the premier league no one is going to pay him more than 30 grand a week top whack.

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wales midfielder Gary Speed's move from Newcastle to Bolton now looks likely to be completed on Wednesday.

The 34-year-old has agreed the terms of what is believed to be a two-year contract at the Reebok Stadium and was due to have a medical on Tuesday.

Speed holds the record for the number of Premiership appearances and Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce believes his experience will stand the club in good stead.

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sam Allardyce has ruled out a move for Dwight Yorke if Blackburn demand a transfer fee.

The Bolton manager was reported to be interested in bringing the striker to the Reebok Stadium but only on a free transfer.

The Trinidad and Tobago international clashed with Rovers' boss Graeme Souness last season and was expected to leave Ewood Park this summer.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bolton are hopeful Kevin Nolan, Anthony Barness and Henrik Pedersen will be fit for the start of the season despite picking up worrying injuries.

Nolan (thigh), Barness (hip) and Pedersen (groin) were all hurt during Bolton's pre-season friendly victory over Oldham.

But Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce was confident the trio will all make a speedy recovery.

TRD

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Bolton Wanderers have confirmed the signing of Brazilian defender Julio Cesar.

The 25-year-old has signed on at The Reebok Stadium after impressing on trial.

Cesar has joined Bolton on a free transfer from Real Madrid and manager Sam Allardyce is delighted with the deal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join