It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Bolton..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I was pretty shocked to hear this,big sam has done a great job in keeping bolton in the top flight but as you say Terminator how the hell does he keep getting these players?

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Stuttgart coach Felix Magath is eyeing up an ambitious swoop for Bolton Wanderers skipper Jay-Jay Okocha.
The Nigerian international is jetting off for the African Cup of Nations, much to the dismay of Trotters boss Sam Allardyce, and the Bolton chief will be less than impressed to learn his star man has emerged as a transfer target for Stuttgart.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I can't see Bolton letting Okocha go unless they get a real big offer for him,he is there best plater.

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A newspaper report has claimed Jay-Jay Okocha will miss the African Nations Cup due to money problems.This will be good for Bolton if he doesn't go.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bolton Wanderers have turned down a bid from Espanyol for striker Mario Jardel.
The Brazilian joined the Trotters from Sporting Lisbon in August but has struggled to make an impression.

Jardel has yet to start a Premiership match, having come off the bench seven times, and has scored three goals in 12 appearances in all competitions.

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ivan Campo swept home Jay-Jay Okocha's cross to give Bolton a seventh-minute lead over Tottenham which was doubled by Henrik Pedersen in the 65th minute in the only Premiership game to have little riding on the outcome.

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Bolton came from behind to see off Southampton 2-1 in a mid-table clash at St Mary's as Kevin Davies came back to haunt the Saints.

Marian Pahars opened the scoring for the home side with a right-foot shot after 20 minutes but Kevin Nolan equalised with 13 minutes to go as he beat the offside trap to head past Antti Niemi.

Within a minute Wanderers were in front as Jay-Jay Okocha whipped in a glorious cross and Davies leapt above Paul Telfer to head home.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Bolton manager Sam Allardyce has expressed his delight at finally laying to rest the rumours surrounding the future of Jay-Jay Okocha.

Despite being linked with a number of clubs in recent months, Okocha has signed a lucrative new three-year deal with Bolton, taking him through to 2007.

Okocha's future often overshadowed Bolton's rise to prominence at the end of what has been the club's best season in the Premier League.

He captained Wanderers to their highest-placed finish in the Barclaycard Premiership of eighth, as well as their remarkable run to the Carling Cup final where they were eventually beaten by Middlesbrough.

In signing up Okocha for the next three years, the deal could help Allardyce persuade other big names to join the Bolton bandwagon at the Reebok Stadium.

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Bolton are leading the chase to sign wantaway Wolves striker Henri Camara. Camara is reluctantly seeking a move away from Molineux after Wolves' relegation from The Premiership.The Senegal international is keen to stay in the top-flight as he wants to be playing at the highest level.Wolves have rejected Camara's transfer request, but they have a fight on to ward off all the interest in the skilful forward.

TRD

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Celtic look to have failed in their bid to land Rivaldo with his English representative claiming the Brazilian star is just days away from signing for Bolton. Hoops manager Martin O'Neill had hoped the World Cup winner would join his side on their summer tour of the United States. But the agent in charge of brokering a move to Britain claimed today that he was too big a player to go on trial and was confident that his on-off move to Bolton would go ahead.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well if they manage to get him that would be a massive signing for them but it is dragging its heels a bit and i don't know if it will happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If I were Sam I'd tell Rivaldo to piss off. He obviously doesn't want to go to Bolton, he was trying to use them to gain bigger clubs to take an interest in him and it just hasn't happened.

Although he's a class act he'll obviously have no motivation at Bolton and I'll be surprised if he regularly turns up for training even if he does sign.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't think they need him, i read today that they are going after a different striker and the deal is nearly done.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hehe, that's good news. See how Rivaldo likes that when absolutely no one else except for maybe S#horpe on a shilling a week come in.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah well he turned down Celtic and now Bolton don't want him. Hey we will have him to replace Brian Deane. We could pay him about 1,000 a week no probs lol!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I'm sure he'll love that.

It's funny about why he turned down Celtic though, they insisting on him doing a two week trial. Take that Rivaldo!!! That must've brought him down a few pegs.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I never knew that!

Damm right he should do a trail, he hasn't exactly been the fittest of players these last few years. If your going to pay out that much money you want to see what your getting. Some players make you laugh.!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah, his agent said it was an insult to Rivaldo, you don't make one of the biggest players do a trial. Don't make me laugh!!!

The guy never turns up for training and I think he likes living it up too much, rather than concentrating on his football. You'd have to be mad not to demand a trial from him.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well i wouldn't have a player like that in my team azzhole who does he think he is. Bolton are definatly better off without him.

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Michael Bridges is aiming to take the path forged by Kevin Davies and get his career back on track at Bolton.

Davies played in every Premiership game last season and won a host of awards from supporters after being discarded by Southampton.

He is likely to form a partnership up front next season with 25-year-old Bridges, who on Wednesday agreed a one-year deal with a further 12-month option.

Bridges said: "I can take a look at what Kevin has achieved at Bolton and that will inspire me."

Bridges spent last season on loan to Newcastle from Leeds, who face next season in Division One.

He will officially join Bolton on July 1 after his contract at Elland Road expires.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join