It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did we ever help Germany???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This #ing disgusts me. After everything we did for that country...This just irks me to no avial...I will comment more on this later but grrrrrrrrrr................

Gerhard Schr�der, the German Chancellor, has joined France in calling for a resumption of arms sales to China, as the Beijing government reiterated threats to invade the democratically governed island of Taiwan.

Mr Schr�der, who is currently visiting China, told the country's new prime minister, Wen Jiabao, that he would "work towards" lifting the ban on arms sales, according to a German government spokesman. The embargo was imposed after the Tiananmen Square massacre of 1989.

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/12/04/warms04.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/12/04/ixnewstop.html/news/2003/12/04/warms04.xml

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
unfortunatelly, there will be wars and rumors of wars...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We help them so they will become our allies or something like that. Then later on when we need their help if they give it to us then we are still ok with them, but if they don�t we like blackmail them saying help or will kick or azz after we�re finish. ....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
remember, we gave support to Saddam. It's all about gathering allies, and providing us with an useful idiot when the need arises.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Gerhard Schroeder is not the example of Germany. He may toss out that idea, but, just as here, he will need support. The Conservatives and the Greens would never allow it.

I would hate for someone to judge me by the actions of George Walker Bush!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
JuanBond,

friends and enemies and allies come and go in one's existance.

does this not happen for you?

it has for me and most people that I know.

nathraq,

it does not matter what Schroeder says or does,

his left wing country speaks for itself.

maybe it is time that Europe had annother war as they forget fast that peace requires a price be paid for it.

the loony left wing thinks that if you only ask and pray for peace that it will exist.

that is true in a universe where the darkside does not exist,

but then again I often wonder if the darkside is not manifest within the left...

the perfect plan!

let the left run things, ignore the idea of agressors taking what you have,

then allow yourself to become weak so that they can easily come and do it...

the prince of darkness would like that outcome.

new topics

top topics

join