It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Short to quit Rovers

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Craig Short has confirmed he will leave Blackburn Rovers at the end of the season and may retire from football. The ageing defender has been at Ewood Park since the summer of 1999 but is calling time on his spell with Rovers. He concedes he can no longer cope with the stringent demands of training with a Premiership club and is considering his future in the game. Short has just returned to fitness after six weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury and he admits that, during his spell of inactivity, he contemplated quitting. The 36-year-old is now prepared to carry on until the campaign's conclusion before deciding on his future.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
About time he packed it in, old git. I didn't think he was that great anyway.

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Not a great player to me either, did a solid job though.

Won't be greatly missed, give it a year and people will forget his name..

Doz

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What are you guys sayin, he practicly kept us up last season, cumon lads he is a vetran, shud ov been made captin last season in my books

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He did well at Blackburn, good solid defender. You think he will just retire or drop to a lower league?

Doz

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmm, no i think he will just retire cuz he's just tired, lol mite go and play for a local sunday leauge team like... bacup bourgh lol or accy stanley. if i was him, id just retire n end my carrear on a high note??

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doz
if i was him, id just retire n end my carrear on a high note??

lets just hope blackburn dont go down then

yer, at his age, if he wants to leave blackburn, its all sounding like hes going to hang up his books

top topics

join