It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: O'Leary wants signings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
aston villa manager david o'leary feels he needs at least 4 new players to join the team to help them improve

"We need players all around the pitch, four at least," said the former Leeds boss.

"I have given the board a list of names. They are gettable players, not out of our reach - but it would take expenditure."

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i feel they are doing the best they have done in years and if they get 4 really good additions, it will help there chances for 4th spot. europe for sure though i think

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
well. he sure to his word, his assistant has told of how he has got 7 names in mind

Aston Villa assistant manager Roy Aitken reiterated the need to strengthen the squad after a disappointing 2-0 defeat to Crystal Palace.

Villa missed out on primary target James Beattie, and on the evidence of a poor performance, fresh blood is a must this winter.

"It's been that kind of mid-table start to the season," said Aitken.

"Over the course of the game we just couldn't put the ball in the net, the strikers have had a barren spell.

"It's something we have worked on and we believe we have the strikers at the club that can still score goals.

[Missing out on Beattie] is just football. It happens every season at every club and it was up to the player where he wanted to go.

"The manager's on record as saying we want to bring in four or five players - whether that happens over a longer period depends on the funds and players that are available.

"We've said since the start of the season that it is important to strengthen. We're short on numbers and it would be nice to freshen up.

"The players have done great and it's important we push on from here. We are looking for quality players. The manager has given the chairman seven names."

sky sports

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They might have 7 in mind but will most prob be lucky to get 3 of them if any at all. Villia are not that atrractive of a club anymore and they will struggle to bring in big names...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yer, but i think o'leary has improved them, although they got a bad result today. am sure they will sign som1. if they dont after saying the got 7 in mind. the fans will be very angry i would guess

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Let us not forget Dwight Yorke. His transfer to ManU really helped Aston Villa.

Anythings possible, but for any transfers to go through Villa needs to see more W's.

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yep i agree websurfer, they need to get more consistant. Ok they have a couple of real decent players and a good manager but that won't challenge for a European spot or even the league title.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yer. for them to challenge and become even better, they need more players for sure, but i aint sure if ellis would give out the sort of money that is needed

top topics

join