It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Henry staying put!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, Thierry Henry has announced he will be staying at Arsenal next season and has either signed a new contract or will be in the next few days which will keep him at the club until 2010.

The deal is supposed to be £110'000 a week, plus bonuses. Now, i dont believe he was on anymore than lets say £70k before.

If he really loved the club, why the huge hike in wages? hes a miilonare already. Surely he doesnt need it

I think at Arsenal, he knows his level and knows he can score 30 goals a season easy

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
BBC have a report on their website saying Arsenal turned down two 50 million pound offers for Henry.

It doesnt actually name the strikers but says it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who it was... Am guessing it was Racing Satander and Mallorca

I read in the paper the other day Rijkaard was supposed to have been fuming as he believed he had Henry's word that he would move to Barca.

But with Henry staying, i think Arsenal have real potential for next year. This season they did really well and contended with alot of injuries

If Walcott plays in the World Cup and does well, and hes supposed to be faster than Henry. Just think what a strikeforce that would make!

Replacing Henry would have been impossible too, guys like Adebayor and now Berkgamp i dont think are good enough. I think hes way past his best

TRD

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What a result for Arsenal.

Now if they could only find another striker like Henry they would have the most lethal pairing up front in the league. With the move to the new stadium, them comming so close to winning the champions league final and the way the fans treated Henry, he must have thought he just can't leave.

new topics

join